Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > For Sale > Wanted+
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WTB or trade for "N" or "Z" marked front sight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB or trade for "N" or "Z" marked front sight
    Posted: Oct 16 2017 at 7:30pm

I'm looking for a nice "N" or sideways "N" ("Z") marked front sight! No rust, dents, bumps, bends or any other deformities other than stake marks. Wanted for my hand stamped M1 Inland, SN 6,797,7XX. Yes, I'm restoring it back to how it left the factory new. It's been a work in progress. I'll also consider "SI", "N.I.", "R".

Is there a difference between the WW2 "R" and post war "R" marked front sight?

It currently has an Underwood ".U." marked front sight is installed on it. Willing to trade it if it comes off with no issues! To see view "Ghostmann's 1st Carbine Inland 1-45" in the Carbines of the Collectors section
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2017 at 8:11pm
With your serial, you're right at the point where the Niedner marked sights were disappearing or already had. A Rudy Furnace R marked sight could be the one you need. BTW, I've never heard of a postwar marked R sight.

The Z and marked sights were N sights with a different stamping orientation.
Ghostman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2017 at 8:31pm
Thanks WhyCarbines? I had read somewhere that "R" marked sights had been attributed to a post war manufacturer. Although they didn't allude to who made the "R" marked sights! The barrel is dated 1-45 if that is any help. I have seen several "R" marked sights but they have looked cast not milled. Maybe it was refinished and just heavily sand blasted. Pic: top right cast, top left milled
kro1970 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kro1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2017 at 8:55pm
PM sent
Ghostman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2017 at 9:08pm
R&R, read & replied
Ghostman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghostman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2017 at 5:41pm
An "N" sight found! Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply