Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > For Sale > Wanted+
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WTB M1 Carbine Austrian Leather Sling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gglithox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB M1 Carbine Austrian Leather Sling
    Posted: Dec 30 2020 at 9:40am
Hi
I'm looking to buy a Austrian leather sling and oilier for M1 Carbine.
Thanks
GG

gglithox View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gglithox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2021 at 10:12am
Found - Thanks for looking.
SSNPingjockey View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSNPingjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2021 at 2:42pm
Did a member happen to have a sling/oiler or did you find one somewhere else?

I have one (leather Stolla sling), but would like to get another.  Would also like to get a German-made web sling.  Not easy to find.
Chad
USN Retired
gglithox View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gglithox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2021 at 10:12am
Hi Chad
I was able to find some elsewhere. I bought six, all that were available. They are on the way to me now. I'll touch base with you when I receive them. I don't need all six, I have been looking for a long time so when I came across these I got the all.
Thanks
Guy
SSNPingjockey View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSNPingjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2021 at 10:56am
Very cool.  Great find!  Thanks.  Yes, if you go to sell one or more, I'd buy at least one.
I was able to find one on GB.  It was labeled as an Italian Carcano sling, which is kind of similar, but I saw the "Stolla Wien" stamp and knew it was a carbine sling.  It was the only one I ever saw for sale.

It also has a stamp nearest the buckle end which reads "1ABT, 5C 62", which from Jim's Bavarian/Austria research means:   1st Abteilung Section, 5C, 62 (Gendarmerie procurement office 1962)

I guess when the "Bavarians" were sold at CMP in 2008/2009, they also had a bunch of slings that came in the shipment with them that were sold, but they appear to be kind of scarce now.  I have 2 rifles, now, that were German and Austrian used in their last period of service, so can use another.

I have not even seen a German made web-sling for sale anywhere.  Would be nice to get one of those.  I see the Dutch ones for sale from time to time.

Appreciate it.
Chad
USN Retired
 Post Reply Post Reply