Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > For Sale > Wanted+
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WTB German Sling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirty30Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB German Sling
    Posted: Sep 02 2021 at 3:37pm
I recently picked up a NPM that’s got German history, not Bavarian, but of other German use. Im looking to put a German made sling on it.
Quietus View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quietus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2021 at 6:29pm
You might check RTG Parts out of Sheridan WY.  I bought an older brown leather G3 sling from them a few years ago.  They also have newer web-and-leather G3 slings.  Mine fit around the oiler all right.  But if there's a problem with fit, you can replace the oiler with a 7/16" dowel and file a couple of flats on it to allow the sling to fit.  
Dirty30Carbine View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirty30Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2021 at 9:03pm
not exactly what I’m looking for, the Germans made a sling that is very similar to the US sling. I had one awhile back and sold it with a carbine 
HammerGrunt View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HammerGrunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2021 at 9:57am
Bruce Dow Has exactly the German sling you’re looking for. Looks just like the early 1942 tan C tip slings and it’s got the German stamp on the snap. 
You can give him a call at his Dow Arms Room business that’s in Dade city Florida.
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirty30Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2021 at 10:07am
that is the exact sling I’m looking for. Very much appreciated, Thank You 
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HammerGrunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2021 at 10:09am
(352) 567-9800
They are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays, and open Wednesday through Saturday.
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirty30Carbine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2021 at 5:06pm
I purchased the sling. Thanks for looking out and giving me the number 
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HammerGrunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2021 at 5:41pm
Happy to help!
 Post Reply Post Reply