Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > For Sale > Wanted+
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WTB Flip sight for Saginaw Gear carbine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmgfour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB Flip sight for Saginaw Gear carbine
    Posted: Dec 04 2022 at 12:50pm
PM me with picture and price if you have a USGI with small or large S mark for sale.
welbytwo View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Advanced Collector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote welbytwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2022 at 5:25pm
square S is good also
dmgfour View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmgfour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2022 at 7:37pm
Whoops.... that's what I meant by "big" = Lyman square S.

Now, does anyone out there have one to sell?

Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2022 at 6:29pm
Mine has a square S and I'm not selling! Sorry!
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
dmgfour View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmgfour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2022 at 1:08pm
Problem has been resolved.  I not longer require the sight.
Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2022 at 1:37pm
Did you find one? If so, can you say where? Store or an individual?
dmgfour View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmgfour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2022 at 4:53pm
I did not buy one.  No individual I spoke to that had one wanted to sell it.  However,  Riverbank Armory has several for sale.  See:  https://riverbankarmory.com/parts1.html

W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2022 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by dmgfour dmgfour wrote:

However,  Riverbank Armory has several for sale.  See:  https://riverbankarmory.com/parts1.html 

Nooooooooooooo! Stay far away from RB!
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2022 at 5:02pm
Yes, I hope you did not purchase one from them.
dmgfour View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmgfour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2022 at 5:16pm
That's a serious matter.  Are the ones on the RB site reproductions presented as originals?  (AKA fakes?)
Rebel92 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2022 at 6:20pm
RB is well known for doing that. Search for Riverbank on CMP forum or on this one and I’m sure you will find something
dnewsom89 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnewsom89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2022 at 6:58am
I hope you’re ok with a fake because that’s what you bought if you purchased from Riverbank. Everything he sells is fake. I’ve been bitten before by his stuff. 
dmgfour View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmgfour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 06 2023 at 6:18pm
Sorry about the lack of response.  I've been busy buying more carbines.  About the flip sight: the one on my Saginaw had been filed to a V, and so I wanted another to swap out.  In the end, I found someone who had an aperture to sell, but no base.  So, I swapped out the aperture and kept the GI-modified original.  All good.

I was saved from Riverbank Armory by the swarm of responses here and on the CMP forum.  I haven't seen such ballsy fraud since the Mitchell Mausers original death head K98k, all matching, complete with a certificate of "authenticity".
 Post Reply Post Reply