Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > For Sale > Wanted+
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WTB: 1944-Dated Type 1 Magazine Pouch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delican_38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB: 1944-Dated Type 1 Magazine Pouch
    Posted: Jan 11 2021 at 6:55pm
Good evening, all,

I’m looking to purchase an original 1944-dated M1 Carbine magazine pouch to go with my rifle. While I’m not particular about the maker or colour, I am only interested in a Type 1 “Buttstock” style pouch at this time, as I already have the variant with the belt loops. Please let me know what you have and thanks for looking.

Edited by Delican_38 - Jan 11 2021 at 8:14pm
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2021 at 8:16pm
Welcome to the forum.  1944 Type 1s are limited.  
Good luck.
SSNPingjockey View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSNPingjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2021 at 10:50am
Don't know whether you have checked eBay, but someone has a lot of 3 "R.B. HANSON MFG. CO" dated 1944 pouches, or pockets, that are in NOS condition.  Maybe he would sell just a single.

Lot Of Three NOS Case Fresh WW2 M1 Carbine Stock Pouches R.B. Hanson MFG 1944

Another seller has one on eBay made by "ARNOLD MFG. CO." that is dated 1944.  I have not really delved into the collecting realm of carbine web-gear/pouches (pockets), but this one must have been the only one ever made because he wants $225 for it.

It appears that the stamp is unclear and the seller has listed it as "LENOLD MFG. CO." which, in that case, may be the only "LENOLD" in the world, I don't know.  His pictures show inserted magazines in the original wrap, but he does not state that the magazines are included in the $225 price.

Good luck!

Chad
USN Retired
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2021 at 11:12am
Be careful communicating with the seller of those three Hanson Mag pockets, I asked him an honest question last year about some oilers he had listed and he blocked me from bidding!
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2021 at 1:52pm
Before I came across a single Hanson 1944 I attempted to contact that seller.  Actually I just tried again and Ebay still says, "We're sorry we couldn't find an answer for you. Unfortunately this seller is not able to respond to your question. We suggest reviewing the item again to see if your answer is in the seller's listing."  

I started to mention earlier Delican_38 may want to get these and sell 2.  Being 1944s you might get $35-40 each from collectors needing one.  I thought about it until I picked up the single.  As for the Arnold @ $225 I would have to give serious consideration to selling mine.  It and the Hanson are the only 44's I have out of my 54 different mfg and/or dates of Type 1s. CCNL 262 list 5 1944s excluding the type IIIs.

Delican_38 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delican_38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2021 at 5:05pm
Thanks, everyone, for the replies, really appreciate it. I’m going to check in with some of the leads provided and hopefully something will work out. The next item I’m looking for is one of the 1944-dated USMC pouches, should anyone have one.

W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2021 at 6:06pm
I have quite a few of the Boyt USMC dated pouches both 44 and 45, not wanting to part with any. They do show up on ebay pretty often and you can usually get one for $40-50.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2021 at 8:51pm
If you're in no big hurry just keep an eye on eBay and CMP forum.  Be sure and watch for the reproductions.   There's a fair looking USMC 45 on ebay with a starting bid at $40 with no bids.  These Type IIIs, as I've seen them called, do typically go for a premium, especially the ones marked USMC.  
 Post Reply Post Reply