Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Winchester Rear Sight Type 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superdort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Winchester Rear Sight Type 2
    Posted: May 05 2020 at 2:39pm
I Can buy this Winchester rear sight type 2 cheap.
Marking H in a shield, correct or maybe repro.

floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2020 at 2:47pm
The sight is correct for what it is and would be correct for a late production Winchester, but it’s not specific to Winchester. Other primes used the same sight.
Superdort View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superdort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2020 at 3:14pm
Ok, My Winchester is serial range 12535xx and has now mounted a I.R.CO 716006 rear sight.
In this range normaly is a flip sight mounted but they are here difficult to get.

Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2020 at 3:29pm
Pretty sure you are in flip-sight territory. Original flips are quite hard to find and when you do, get ready to pay a premium.

What type barrel-band is mounted on the carbine? If you need a T1 to advance a correction, that’s another high $$ item.

Dropping close to $400 for both can change a mind real quickly.
Superdort View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superdort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2020 at 3:56pm
Barrelband type 2 marked SI, I have a flip sight but this belongs to a Quality hardware what i bought.
Only it will be take a time before I get this M1 on my license(CoronaCry)
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2020 at 5:01pm
Possible you could sell the Quality flip, or maybe trade for an unmarked 1A.

The band sounds like a cut down Inland type III. I think the wise thing to do is wait and get your hands on it so you can catalog what you have and determine what you need, if you plan to correct it. You could easily be looking at a project that could take more $ to correct than you paid for it as is.
Superdort View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superdort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2020 at 3:24pm
No I can't sell the quality flip sight because it is a part from the QHMC that I bought.
Because of Corona the M1 can not switch from owner. 
The guy who i bought from changed the sight to a type 3.
he's already given me all the original things except the rifle.
I have the authentic case, C type sling, oiler IQ, muzzle cover, tool roll, Cleaning patches, mag pouch including mags (one in wrapping).

Post Reply Post Reply