Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Type 1 Barrel Bands, Parts Menagerie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal O'Peridol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2021 at 7:56pm
For those looking for an easy to use image/photo programm, I reccomend Faststone Image Viewer. Shareware, intuitive, many options to include image sizing, cropping color and exposure manipulation. I've been using it for years.

Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 07 2021 at 9:35pm
Hey Painter! Didn't that stack picture first appear on Jouster? I know it goes a LONG way back!
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
patrickduis View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickduis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2021 at 6:40am
Thanks for sharing, this type of barrelband (type 1) is also on the Underwood .30M1 barn-find that I conserved last monday.
Now I understand!
Various Inlands, Underwoods, I.B.M.s and an NPM
NVBIW, NVWHT, NVBMB, KNSA member
Conservator Military Historical Museum Achtmaal U.S. 104th I.D. Timberwolves
www.militairhistorischmuseumachtmaal.nl
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2021 at 9:15am
Patrick, Did you look at our parts pages?

The type one band was the most common but had an issue with pulling the barrel to the side when tightening. The type 2 corrected that in 1944. When the type 3 came out, which had the bayonet lug, replacements were made and the type one was obsolete. When possible the bands would be updated.
This is why they are replicated, as some want what was on the carbine during the war.
Some have taken late carbines, which would have been delivered with a T1, and removed the original T3 band and put on a cheap T1 copy.
patrickduis View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickduis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2021 at 9:32am
Thanks for the link, excellent page.
It's been a few years since I was on the forum and really see that part has been extended with lots of more information.
So far I had never seen a .30M1 with this barrel band with my own eyes. So now I know exactly what to look for.
They are so nice to investigate.

Edited by patrickduis - Sep 10 2021 at 9:48am
Various Inlands, Underwoods, I.B.M.s and an NPM
NVBIW, NVWHT, NVBMB, KNSA member
Conservator Military Historical Museum Achtmaal U.S. 104th I.D. Timberwolves
www.militairhistorischmuseumachtmaal.nl
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12