Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Infrared Scopes and Equipment, Night Vision
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Working scope YouTube video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RedSpecial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Working scope YouTube video
    Posted: Apr 02 2022 at 7:05pm
I don’t know if anyone has seen this yet, it’s been up for a few hours. Really cool. I’d love to have a working example.

-Neil
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2022 at 7:26pm
I did not have time to watch the full video, But...
I have several working scopes, several have been sold in the last year or two working including one that Jim M sold

His unit was not a WW2 unit, The M3 scope came was a 1950 contract.
The power supply transformer is not a USGI unit, it was rebuilt, possibly buy former member Sam Bases, who authored many of the IR articles in the newsletter.

Scary that he calls the transformer a vibrator. Keep this in mind this is the guy that made the new unit. The vibrator is the metal can.

I can tell you that unit he made has significantly more output than required and has the potential to knock you on your ass, if not kill you.

Buyer beware.

Edited by New2brass - Apr 02 2022 at 7:44pm
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2022 at 8:00pm
Might be a gun you’d let your brother-n-law shoot first?
sleeplessnashadow View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeplessnashadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2022 at 2:09am
They get an E for effort but failed the history class.

I sold a working M3 scope like this one back in December. Have another I may sell in a couple months. There are a few around.

Here's the pics and info on the one I sold: http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/m3-sniperscope-set-fully-operational_topic5875.html

Jim
RedSpecial View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSpecial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2022 at 2:13pm
Dan, if the time comes that I’m serious about buying one Ill reach out to you, maybe you’ll know of one for sale. I haven’t been buying any high dollar items for a while, we’ve been hit by a few curve balls which has slowed me down, hopefully temporarily 
-Neil
 Post Reply Post Reply