FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Unknown part marking Recoil plate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sleeplessnashadow View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeplessnashadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unknown part marking Recoil plate
    Posted: Feb 17 2020 at 2:02am

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, I seem to remember the C1 and C2 markings were sprue positions when multiples were cast at the same time.

The recoil plates marked R with the SG were provided as collateral support to RockOla from Saginaw in Saginaw, MI. For whatever reason RockOla decided to add their R. Not uncommon but also not routine on other parts provided to Rockola as collateral support from other companies.

Jim
Superdort View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superdort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2020 at 4:28pm
Thanks W5USMC The word Cast was the solution.
It turns out to be a Cast C1 recoil plate, You were right it is a post war replacement part.
There are also C2 recoil plates.

W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2020 at 3:48pm
Various markings are discussed in CCNL 30, Yours along with many others fall in the "Unknown" category, basically meaning that they were not produced for a specific Prime Contractor and were most likely replacement parts. Notice yours is cast.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Jt22453 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jt22453 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2020 at 3:42pm
The one you describe as a C looks similar to the JL Clark marking on magazines. There is no bottom line intersecting with the north south line, though. Not sure about it but maybe someone else can offer more insight as to who made it.
Superdort View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superdort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2020 at 3:00pm
Hi Guys,
I have 2 Recoil plates type 3, one is marked R with S G under it made by Rock-Ola when I am correct.
The other has for me A unknown marking on the side. Like a C with a little line in the center.
Somebody seen this one before?

Post Reply Post Reply