FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gas Cylinder Thread Reconditioning Tool

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gas Cylinder Thread Reconditioning Tool
    Posted: Jun 21 2019 at 7:53pm
Hopefully, none of us will ever have to use something like this, but it's nice to see someone makes it just in case.
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2019 at 7:16pm
I pulled the ears off the rear and ruined the threads on one of their sight-pullers. Granted, it was a very stubborn sight, but when I purchased a replacement, it was fully a third larger than the original and the puller bolt was a larger size as well. Matrix surely upgraded the design at some point along the way. I don’t think this one will break.
Donnie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2019 at 6:38pm
wow, I didn't know that a special jig tool was even available for the carbines. I'll book mark that link. Thanks for sharing.
BER911 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2019 at 6:16pm
Thanks Wayne!  Good information should I ever need it.
Semper Fi, Bruce
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2019 at 4:23pm
Was reading a thread last week on the CMP forum about Tap size for the Gas Cylinder threads, one of the members (can't recall who and the thread is gone now) posted a link to the Matrix Carbine Gas Block Reconditioning tool. Not actually needing the tool, but wanting to have one if I ever do, I ordered it. As with all of the other Matrix Carbine tools I own, this thing is solid, well made and includes some easy to follow instructions. Both the wrench and Tap that were included are made in U.S.A. Very impressed with the overall quality of this tool and pretty sure it will work as intended whenever I need to recondition gas cylinder threads.

https://www.matrixprecisionparts.com/m1-carbine-tools/m1-carbine-gas-block-thread-restore-jig-with-tap

Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
 Post Reply Post Reply