The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to Make a New Post

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to Make a New Post
    Posted: Jun 05 2019 at 3:34pm
In order to make a New Post you must be signed in.
You must then choose a section in which you wish to make the new post.
If you are unsure where to post then choose "General Discussion" as shown below

Once in the section you would choose "New Topic" as shown below.

You must put in a "Subject" or Title.
In the big box start adding your text. Once finished click the "Post New Topic" at the bottom and you are done.

Adding pictures can be a little intimidating at first. You must click the little picture icon to open the picture box.

For posting pictures please read through this tutorial.

If you are having trouble then just make your post and one of the moderators or administrators can upload and insert your pictures.

Next up is how to reply to a post. 

Edited by New2brass - Jan 06 2021 at 10:45am
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2019 at 3:57pm
Making a reply is much easier. If you wish to reply to a post you are reading you can find a "Post Reply" button at the top left of the post,

Or you can find a "Post Reply" Button at the bottom left of the page

The buttons on the menu (Green) does many things which most do not need. It is useful for making a post stand out.

Also just below center that is a quick reply box. This is the quickest and easiest way to make a reply, not that the buttons mentioned above are that much different.
Should you decide you want to go further with your post you can click the "Full Editor" button and a new box will open with everything you already typed. From there you can work with the editor.

I hope that helps!

New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2021 at 10:22am
The Registration help/rules/Tutorials/New Member Introductions is the top forum section where you can introduce yourself.

General Discussion is a great place to post general questions and a catch all for most posts. In the General forum you will find some sub forums.
          Parts Markings is a subsection where you can post about parts marking. by having a subsection it makes it easier to search for answers to see common questions about parts markings.
           Fun Stuff, Show Reports,, Commercial Carbines , and Other Wartime Firearms are the other sub forums in the general section

Newsworthy Items section is the equivalent of our former newsletters where we publish articled and featured carbines.

Carbines of the Collectors  is a section where you can showcase or share your carbine or carbine related items. Some real good stuff in here from our members.

Club Requests and Member Submissions  is an forum where we post questions from the club looking for help and pictures on items that we are researching. You can also submit items of interest in this section

painter777 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2021 at 8:07pm
Dan,
Should explain how the Preview works?
And how to Edit.

Delete after you read this, it wont self destruct Big smile
Living Free because of those that serve.....
MDARMS View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDARMS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 03 2021 at 7:54pm
Thanks for the heads up on posting I'm new to this whole thing also. I recently acquired my friends fathers WWII Inland carbine that he carried as a Seabees in the Pacific. It has a 7-43 barrel code and serial number in the 77#,### range. Its in exceptional shape but I don't know if the barrel band is correct or its just missing the shoulder strap loop. It has a vertical binding screw but no loop and the screw seems to be long for its application without the loop in place but it looks properly patinaed. Also its mag was lost so I'm in need of 1 or 2 vintage mags to complete the firearm. I apologize if I posted this in a improper location I will get the hang of this hopefully! Old dogs are hard to train.

Thanks  MDARMS
ChuckP View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChuckP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2021 at 6:51pm
Not sure where to post this.  My father was an Army Engineer.  He served in the Pacific in WWII, and then went back for Korea in 1950.  FWIW, in Korea he was there when the Red Chinese came in.  His comment was "fire  your basic load and run like hell."   

I served two years active duty in Army in Panama Canal Zone in early Vietnam era, so by the time Vietnam really got cranked up, I was a Veteran and home going to college on the GI Bill.  No combat, but was an Infantry MOS.  Get my hearing aids from VA, and got a "Army Veteran" plate on my car.  

My father brought an M1 Carbine home from Korea, which is the gun he taught me to shoot on. He was Army Engineer (I believe he would be considered "Combat Engineer.") 

He passed away about 8 years back, (at 92!) and it has been just sitting in  the closet since then.   I took it out to the range a couple of times, and then cleaned it.  

Hate to but I need to sell it.  Don't want to just take it to some gun store.  Much happier if it goes to someone who appreciates it and its history.   

it is pretty much a standard US M-1 Carbine.  No rust.  i believe it would be considered to be in very good condition.  Serial Number 2048xxx.  Not positive, but from online lists, looks like manufactured by Standard Products based on this serial number, and sometime in 1943.   

When I figure out how to post a picture I will do that on here.

Not sure if it is OK to offer a carbine for sale on here, but I do need to sell it.   And in the meantime if anybody has any information about its origin, etc. that would be great.
Chuck P

I'll check back to see if anyone has any info or comments. Thanks

ChuckP
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 15 2021 at 8:56pm
This really should be posted in the for sale section. Pictures would be great, but a complete description would help; type of sight, barrel band, bayonet lug, if any, etc....
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
 Post Reply Post Reply

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image