FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Inland M1 value check?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
cali201 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cali201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inland M1 value check?
    Posted: Aug 12 2017 at 12:35pm
remember, once you let her go you will never get her back (the carbine that is). You can always get money but once you part with it....
NewScotlander View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Advanced Collector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewScotlander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2017 at 10:00am
It falls in the serial number range for the spring tube carbines. Is it one? That would increase value.
Lupus Dei View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Club Secretary Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lupus Dei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2017 at 3:35am

Any updates Muggzy?

Louis Dey
Admin
www.uscarbinecal30.com/forums
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2017 at 7:36pm
Looks good to me other than what looks like a narrow swivel but that could be the angle of the picture.
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2017 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by MuGGzy MuGGzy wrote:

I know it has never been worked on or restored or anything, got it directly from the vet it was issued to along with a big box of the original string wrapped cardboard boxes of ammo. It looks like he did a fairly amateurish wood repair of a ding on the side with some wood putty. 

Veteran of which war?

It is a very nice looking carbine and will throw my hat in and say I am interested.
But the saying is buy the gun and not the story
There is something that sticks out already. Will see what others say.

also as mentioned price is subjective on many things.
would need to see some specific pictures.

Welcome to the forums!
Best, Dan

sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2017 at 7:16pm
Just my $0.02 worth, but I would think the value would go up by several hundred dollars (maybe more?) if you can get any provenance to support it being a "bring back".
usmcdoc67 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcdoc67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2017 at 7:05pm
Value depends on many factors ie: correct parts, condition of bore, etc. Stock looks to be refinished some what, otherwise nice Inland. Value is what someone is willing to pay, but a good asking price would be $1300-$1500.
Glenn
MuGGzy View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuGGzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2017 at 12:59pm

MuGGzy View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuGGzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2017 at 12:57pm
I know it has never been worked on or restored or anything, got it directly from the vet it was issued to along with a big box of the original string wrapped cardboard boxes of ammo. It looks like he did a fairly amateurish wood repair of a ding on the side with some wood putty. 

My wife is asking me to sell it to finance other more "important" expenses so I am looking for a general value to someone that knows what they are looking at.

Inland M1 Carbine
First production by Inland Manufacturing Division, General Motors Dayton, OH
"Flaming Bomb" Stamp and HI for Hillerich & Bradsby Co. Louisville, KY inside stock cutout.
Oval sling cut, High Wood Type 2 Walnut stock w/ NO CRACKS.
Minor chipping at base of hand grip but "Circled P" still clear.
Ordnance Department Acceptance Cartouche clear on right side of stock.
Turned Un-Ground barrel stamped Inland Division of General Motors 7-43
Bore appears pristine, no pitting or scarring on any metal surfaces inside or out that I can see.

Post Reply Post Reply