Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shooting Your M1 Carbine - Member Photos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Status Quo Challenger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote David Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shooting Your M1 Carbine - Member Photos
    Posted: Sep 17 2016 at 4:42pm
I thought I'd post a photo of me shooting my M1 Carbine earlier this week. It's a Winchester that I bought at age 18 in Honolulu, Hawaii, and is the first firearm I ever purchased. Perhaps we can turn this into an endless photo thread of members shooting their Carbines?

It's been a long time since I shot 20 or more different firearms in one day, but that's what I did on Wednesday at a small, private annual event that I attend. Great fun!

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com
NRA Life Member
Past Pres., The American Thompson Association
Amer. Society of Arms Collectors
OGCA/TCA/Carbine Club/GCA/IAA
SAR Writer
Author - The Many Firearm Designs of Eugene Reising
Eagle Scout
J.R.2009 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R.2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2016 at 2:26pm
Hey David, great idea. I don't have any stills but I do have a video of me shooting at a steel 14"x21" silhouette at 100 yards. It is a small black dot to the right of the 25 yard targets. I was trying both of my GoPro cameras, one on my head and the other on the stock with a mount I made. Turn up the sound and you'll hear the hits. I did lean against a 4x4 post on a couple of takes; I cheated!! Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDaZd48W--8. You might have to copy and paste the link.

Feel free to watch any of the other videos in my account.
David Albert View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Status Quo Challenger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2017 at 9:30am
I'm giving this post a bump back up to the top...It seems like we could have lots of member photos shooting their Carbines, and since the recreational shooting season is back upon us, perhaps the time is right. This could be a fun thread with more participation...

I'm going to cross-post it on the Machinegunboards.com M1/M2 Carbine board, and maybe that will help. Here is a link to the thread there that I just posted:

http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20700

Thanks!

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com
NRA Life Member
SAR Writer
Eagle Scout
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Status Quo Challenger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2017 at 8:24pm
I was back at the private annual shooting event again on Wednesday and Thursday, and I put a few more rounds through my Winchester that I bought at the age of 18 in Hawaii. My friend took video on my phone, but I should have handed it to him in landscape orientation. Anyway, I had a jam on the last round, but enjoyed hitting the 80 yard gong in quick succession. Fun!

Winchester M1 Carbine Video

Maybe someone else will post some photos or videos of them shooting their M1 Carbines...

Have Fun! Be Safe!

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com
NRA Life Member
SAR Writer
Eagle Scout
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2017 at 9:39pm
No pics of me shooting, but here is a picture of one of my grandsons shooting my Quality Hardware Carbine.  As you can see he is still working on good "cheek weld", but then again he is only 7.

Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2017 at 11:15pm
This was the first time I fired my Inland carbine. At the time it was the second carbine I owned. As you can see I had a few AR magazines to empty as well.

JackP
Frankie556 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Frankie556 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2017 at 2:49am
Vintage pic (1991) of my mom shooting the little M1

cali201 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cali201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2017 at 7:31am
Originally posted by W5USMC W5USMC wrote:

No pics of me shooting, but here is a picture of one of my grandsons shooting my Quality Hardware Carbine.  As you can see he is still working on good "cheek weld", but then again he is only 7.

you may want to consider protecting your grandson's eyes next time he shoots, be kind of crappy to lose his sight at an early age if the firearm malfunctions or he gets splash off of a metal target.
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2017 at 9:20am
Originally posted by cali201 cali201 wrote:

you may want to consider protecting your grandson's eyes next time he shoots, be kind of crappy to lose his sight at an early age if the firearm malfunctions or he gets splash off of a metal target.
Agree cali, and when he was actually shooting he was wearing glasses, this pic was a pose for his mother after he shot up all the ammo for the day.  Thanks.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2017 at 9:32am
J.R., I saw a puff of white smoke to the right on your video. It looks like someone shooting black powder nearby.
JackP
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2017 at 3:18pm
Shooting my Saginaw on a rainy Missouri day. 

Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
UnQuality View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UnQuality Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2017 at 9:10pm
I can’t look 🙈😂! I had a T1 Winchester and when I was shooting it, it cracked the receiver spring tube wall. They are brittle to start with. This one had something spill on it a long time ago and damage the finish, so no biggie it cracked.
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Status Quo Challenger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2019 at 7:53pm
I've been going through some boxes of old photos and other keepsakes, and I ran across a slide that my late father took of me soon after I purchased my first firearm in Hawaii, at age 18 during the summer of 1984. It is the same Winchester M1 Carbine that I'm shooting in the photo that started this thread. We had 450 acres of conservation land that bordered our property in Kaneohe, and my Dad built a treehouse platform, where we could shoot from time to time. My Carbine shooting photos span almost 35 years now...

I realize that I'm not wearing eye protection, and I'm pretty sure I didn't have in earplugs...But I always wear both now.

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com
NRA Life Member
SAR Writer
Eagle Scout
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2019 at 8:48pm
David, summer of 1984 in Kaneohe? I was stationed at MCAS Kaneohe Bay from 1985-1988. I used to go shooting at some range that I believe was near of Hanauma Bay.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Status Quo Challenger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2019 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by W5USMC W5USMC wrote:

David, summer of 1984 in Kaneohe? I was stationed at MCAS Kaneohe Bay from 1985-1988. I used to go shooting at some range that I believe was near of Hanauma Bay.

Yeah, I still remember hearing the F4's screaming by on their flights in and out of the MCAS. The range you were shooting at near Hanauma Bay was Koko Head Range. I shot several smallbore matches there, as well as rifles and pistols. Good times, before HI went crazy on firearm regulation...

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

NRA Life Member
SAR Writer
Eagle Scout
 Post Reply Post Reply