The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sr. Citizens Instructions!(for Pictures)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R.2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sr. Citizens Instructions!(for Pictures)
    Posted: Jan 06 2016 at 6:16am
LOL, we really need some instructions to help us old folks post pics here.
 I spent 2 hours trying to post pics of my Bavarian carbine with the story. I guess Photobucket and the CMP forums spoiled me. I could shoot a pic, clean it up, post it on the "Bucket" and post it at CMP with the story in less than 10 minutes. No joy so far but I'll get there.Wink
I didn't see how many pics I could do in one posting. What is the #?
J.R.

FREE Carbine Club Newsletter Index raeed4@comcast.net

http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/

USAF 379th Bomb Wing (Heavy) SAC

Gun Owners of SC

GCA
cali201 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cali201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2016 at 7:23am
photobucket is a joke, use IMGUR, much better
J.R.2009 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R.2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2016 at 7:48am
Originally posted by cali201 cali201 wrote:

photobucket is a joke, use IMGUR, much better

Morning cali201. To each his own I guess. I have tried several other sites for posting and settled on Photobucket years ago. I use the paid version of Photobucket and have posted literally thousands of pics over the years on the Internet with no problems what so ever on every forum I have visited. If IMGUR is your choice, fine. I admit I've never tried that one; I'll take a look at it. I do know that the free version of the "Bucket" was a pain in the butt, so I tried the paid version and have never changed. Never too old to try something new I guess.

J.R.

Gun Owners of SC

GCA
cali201 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cali201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2016 at 8:01am
guess I am too cheap to pay, that is why I find FB not very good, which makes sense I guess lol.
J.R.2009 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R.2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2016 at 8:10am
Think you're cheap? Try living on SS and having a horrible medical year in 2015!!! I had a beautiful 13 carbine collection, because of medical costs for the wife, mostly, and me,  I had to sell all but one of my carbines to pay what insurance didn't; my Bavarian is the loan survivor. That alone makes me sick.
Anyway, send me a link to you favorite "free" photo site. 
J.R.

Gun Owners of SC

GCA
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2016 at 9:07am
JR, being photos are very important to our hobby we are working on a better way of hosting pictures.

Photobucket can be a problem for those on tablets or mobile devices. Will look into which link is best for photo bucket.

At the present we are working on the text editor which is the box you type your posts in.
Above the box you will see a earth button for inserting hyperlinks to things such as your photobucket pictures.

The 7th button down is what looks like two overlapped pieces of paper with an arrow over them. This will expand the editor which brings up picture options. You can upload direct from there.
This is where there is a glitch. When you upload you get a small popup with a 500 internal error. Just close the box. The big page will just say same error. Click the back button and you will see the photo has uploaded.
From there you can click on your photo to insert.

Alternatively you can go to member control panel then files and do the same thing to upload. Same error popup. When posting do as above to insert

Pictures are limited on size for storage reasons as well as display.
Keep picture under 800 pixels wide. This is for older folks who have smaller screens and video cards.

There is a small tutorial on picture editing using a PC in top forums section. A good place to start/ picture taking

If you are better with html you can go into member control panel and in forum preferences shut off "Enable the WYSIWYG post editor". This changes the text box.

And again, we are working on it

Edited by New2brass - Jan 06 2016 at 9:34am
cali201 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cali201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2016 at 9:19am
I am also retired and not yet 65 so Obumma care is making me pay $750 a month in health insurance!! Sorry about your collection, I am fortunate enough not to be in that boat yet but I am considering selling my last classic car so I can have more fun cash on hand and I have lost interest in the car. This is what I use:     http://imgur.com/
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2016 at 8:00am
Praise be to God if we CAN'T use Photobucket here. I abandoned that site years ago because of it's parasitic cpu usage.
J.R.2009 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R.2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2016 at 9:18am
Can you explain what kind of "parasitic cpu usage" you are talking about? I've never had a problem that I know about. I do use the paid version, any parasitic  usage there?
J.R.

Gun Owners of SC

GCA
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2016 at 9:22am
The ads that are pushed onto viewing the site are very annoying. My computer frequently stops responding completely and I get system errors.
Another computer I use will not load the pictures at all.
Car Wash Chris View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Car Wash Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2016 at 3:02pm
I use the paid version and it works well for me on my desk top, but when I view photos using my smart phone the ads pop up and I can't get rid of them and that sucks.
J.R.2009 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R.2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2016 at 5:17pm
Oh, okay. I never check anything like pics, etc. on my smart phone. Could I guess I have 3 GB free with my account and never get close to that. I guess the account is different for phones.
J.R.

Gun Owners of SC

GCA
Car Wash Chris View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Car Wash Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 12 2016 at 5:20pm
JR I rarely use my phone to look at pictures, my eyes suck too ! LOL Best
gene of oregon View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gene of oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2016 at 11:13pm
cali201    
        I've been a photo bucket user for years. Checked out your imgur site, signed up, downloaded afew pic's, a lot easier than PB.           Thanks, Gene
J.R.2009 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J.R.2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2016 at 5:43am
I've already checked out the site you recommended and will stick with Photobucket. I can shoot a pic, load it in my computer, clean it up, add it to my PB files and copy and paste it to what ever site I want it on in 10 minutes or less. Been doing it for years. I use the paid version and don't have any problems with ads.
What I had problems with was posting at this site and now have it fixed. Thanks for the input though.
J.R.

Gun Owners of SC

GCA
Lupus Dei View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Club Secretary Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lupus Dei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2016 at 11:22am
I think the problem with Imgur is that the links expire. So someone reading older posts will find pictures gone.
I would ask if you post something pertinent to a thread on this site that you upload it here.

Louis Dey
Admin
www.uscarbinecal30.com/forums
 Post Reply Post Reply

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image