The Carbine Collectors Club
Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors > The Bavarian Armory
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Bavarian Armory

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Publius

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lupus Dei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Bavarian Armory
    Posted: Mar 10 2017 at 9:05pm
Louis Dey
Admin
www.uscarbinecal30.com/forums
Rodman View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2018 at 8:17pm
I have two Bavarian carbines one Inland and one Underwood. I love the history these guns represent. I own another Inland as well. These are my favorite guns to shoot. I'm not very good with computers but will soon learn to post pictures so I can show the ones I have. Love to learn all the history of these fun guns. My first introduction to these historical weapons was watching Jimmy Stuart play Carbine Williams when I was a child.
Rodman View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2018 at 8:20pm
sorry for the typo. should be Jimmy Stewart
Rodman View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2018 at 6:38pm
This is the first carbine I purchased from the CMP, about ten years ago. When they had their last batch in the South Store. Does anyone know who may have made new barrels for these, this barrel has no markings or stamps. You can faintly see the circular turning marks and it guages 1 or less on the muzzle. This was given to the Forestry Division. This one is a 1943 underwood with a m2 stock

Rodman View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2018 at 6:44pm
I purchased this in 2016 when the CMP offered them for mail order purchase. This is also an Inland, the year is 1944. This was given to the Bavaria Prison Guard system.

Post Reply Post Reply