The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thanks for accepting my membership!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bear42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thanks for accepting my membership!
    Posted: Feb 03 2021 at 12:54pm
Hello all! New guy here from TN. I’ve collected WWII militaria all my life including a few choice firearms of the period. I’m interested in British, Japanese, Russian and United States items specifically. I enjoy researching and shooting everything that I get my hands on. I’ve assembled a pretty good library of info on the things that I collect. However, I’ve not been able to afford some of the more expensive collector type books that often go into more detail than I can get on the internet. I’m going to rectify that soon though and try to buy a couple each year! Through those and forums like this, I hope I can learn more about WWII firearms, specifically the Carbine and hopefully become a contributor to this and other forums. Again, thanks for accepting me as a member!!!

Niterace View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niterace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2021 at 1:15pm
Welcome!  You will enjoy it here.  First book should be Larry Ruth’s “War Baby”, in my opinion.  It’s expensive but worth it.  It is by far the most interesting, detailed, comprehensive book on the subject.  Most seem to consider it the definitive work on carbines.  Usually about $125 on ebay, but I see them used at gun shows for $50 from time to time.
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2021 at 1:47pm
Hi and welcome to the forum from New Mexico!

JackP
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2021 at 4:12pm
Welcome! You can learn a lot here. And access to the CC news letters is worth its weight in gold!

OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
 Post Reply Post Reply