Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

stamp on type 1 Inland hammer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: stamp on type 1 Inland hammer
    Posted: Nov 04 2020 at 11:00am
I am in need of a photo of the Inland type 1 hammer that is stamped with an H in a shield. If you have this hammer and could photo a close-up of the stamp, I sure would appreciate it. Or, if someone could point me to a photo in the literature. 
Please send to colreed1@hotmail.com if you have one. Many thanks. 
"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for THAT animal, THEIR world is changed forever"
ncin1911 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ncin1911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2020 at 11:16am
colreed View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2020 at 12:01pm

Thanks, D

Do you know if this particular hammer always shows the flaming bomb with the shield stamp? I have one here that I am trying to vet as USGI. There is no flaming bomb, and the shape of the shield looks a little different from the photo you referred me to. I welcome your opinion as to the one in these photos.

Thanks.

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for THAT animal, THEIR world is changed forever"
ncin1911 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ncin1911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2020 at 12:06pm
You're welcome
I don't but suspect one of the Inland gurus will be along to answer.
colreed View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2020 at 12:20pm
I am adding another photo that shows the slot cut at the top.....showing that it is a type 1. Also, I just noticed in War Baby that NPM very early production also had the H in shield hammer, and there was no comment about it having a flaming bomb stamped on it. Perhaps this hammer is NPM rather than Inland?

kro1970 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kro1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2020 at 4:54pm
H in shield without flaming bomb was used on early NPM's but the H in shield in the picture does look strange. It's unlike others I have seen.
hunterman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hunterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2020 at 8:43pm
Here is a partially struck Type I H in shield with no bomb on an early Inland.  I don't see a big difference with yours, except that yours is more complete.

colreed View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2020 at 8:49am
thanks, Glen
Appearance is very close. One difference is that mine is struck on the vertical where yours is cocked a little on an angle. Guess I'll never be absolutely sure. 
jim77cg View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jim77cg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2020 at 9:29am
Here is another example of a type I from early Inland 40K range, turned partial H with bomb.

welbytwo View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Advanced Collector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote welbytwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2020 at 6:30pm
colreed your H in shield only is repro--note the circular milling-dead givaway and proportions of H in shield is off as well
colreed View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colreed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2020 at 11:39am
thanks, Welbytwo.
 Post Reply Post Reply