Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SG cartouche on a IR-IP stock

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingCMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2016 at 5:03am
Originally posted by Scott C. Scott C. wrote:

I have 3339743 with Trimble TN and possibly 8C  and then 3330135 with an IO and 39B.   Both are oval cut high wood.

Apparently S.G. used a bunch of those subcontract stocks in that serial # range. Mine is type 2 highwood as well.
norwich93 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote norwich93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2016 at 5:25pm
No, but I do have a 3.32 original with Trimble/TN with SG in the sling well.  (22 coil hammer spring, straight hammer, and Winchester square S flip sight.)

I have a I cut (low wood) marked small IR-IP with large numbers and letter in the sling well consistent with SG production.  I suspect it was a rebuild but cant find and marks or cartouche and/or x cannon.  
Rob Clark
norwich93 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norwich93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2016 at 5:27pm
Possibly significant.  I would have to compare to other ones used by SG.  I would feel better if it had a letter right after it.
Rob Clark
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12