Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Selling a collectors grade carbine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cclarke802 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Selling a collectors grade carbine
    Posted: Feb 24 2017 at 9:31am
I am looking to sell a collection of collectors grade carbines and garands, has anyone sold a large number before? If so any suggestions? Thanks for any advise you may have.

Chris 
Chris
SWANEEDMB View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANEEDMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2017 at 10:59am
Pictures and Mfg info would be I think the first step, we always enjoy the 'new' stuff. Thanks.
gene of oregon View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gene of oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2017 at 11:37am
Chris      Like SWANEEDMB said pictures are a must. As much details you can provide on each is also needed. One thing I've noticed in the past is to list each separately for sale. A group selling price limits your buyers with deep pockets only. I'm sure it won't take much time here to sell them. Also be willing to ship, it's pretty to do. You might find someone here in your area to help if needed. Looking forward to see what you have. Gene
The flag does not fly because of the wind that blows it. The flag flies because each soldier's last breath blows by it!
David Albert View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Status Quo Challenger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2017 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by gene of oregon gene of oregon wrote:

Chris      Like SWANEEDMB said pictures are a must. As much details you can provide on each is also needed. One thing I've noticed in the past is to list each separately for sale. A group selling price limits your buyers with deep pockets only. I'm sure it won't take much time here to sell them. Also be willing to ship, it's pretty to do. You might find someone here in your area to help if needed. Looking forward to see what you have. Gene

Buyers with deep pockets may be what the seller is looking for. For some, the hassle of photographing, and attending to the myriad questions of every little detail that will come from posting them individually may not be worth the effort, nor the manner in which they may wish to liquidate the collection. Just my $.02.

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com
NRA Life Member
Past Pres., The American Thompson Association
Amer. Society of Arms Collectors
OGCA/TCA/Carbine Club/GCA/IAA
SAR Writer
Author - The Many Firearm Designs of Eugene Reising
Eagle Scout
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2017 at 5:06pm
If one has the time, patience and ability to properly advertise a large gun collection then I say go for it. On the other hand I've seen more than one ad for large collections that had one or two pictures and about the same amount of descriptive text to go with them. Again, it's all about patience when selling a large collection, unless you know someone will buyer with lots of disposable cash.
Thaddeus View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thaddeus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2017 at 7:30am
I'd be interested to see what you have!
Thad
 Post Reply Post Reply