Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > For Sale > Cheers or Jeers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SCAM ALERT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quercus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCAM ALERT
    Posted: Jan 06 2022 at 11:09pm
I wasn't sure if this had been posted on this forum before, but if not, I figured that I warn you all because I hate scammers. 

I was window shopping online firearms, auctions, whatever the other night and came across a place that apparently stole a legitimate business's identity and set up their own website. I was looking for a particular firearm and the search engine showed a site with the firearm advertised so I went there and the prices were too good to be true. After looking at a couple of interesting items, I was ready to buy their inventory but my internal alarm bells were ringing like crazy, so I googled it and sure enough... it's a scam. Apparently if you place an order using your credit card, they'll take your credit card number but then email you saying that they quit accepting credit cards because of fees and denied payments or whatever. Then they ask you to pay using PayPay Friends and Family or Zelle so that there's no recourse for the buyer because it's against PayPal rules and because... well... Zelle. If anyone asks you to pay using PayPal Friends and Family or Zelle, odds are that it's a scam. 

Anyway... DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS SCAM SITE:  https://gunsshoppers.com/  ;

Regards,
Quercus
usmcdoc67 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote usmcdoc67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2022 at 8:20am
THANKS for the heads upClap
Glenn
Bungalow Bill View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bungalow Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2022 at 12:18pm
Yes, thanks for the warning. It’s also a good reminder that while there isn’t anything inherently wrong or unsafe about Zelle, there are no protections either. It’s exactly like handing cash to someone, and once you’ve sent the money, it’s gone. Zelle or Venmo etc. weren’t designed for online purchases, they’re designed for transferring cash to people you know and trust.
 Post Reply Post Reply