Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Saginaw S’G’ 1.82

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbinekid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saginaw S’G’ 1.82
    Posted: Jul 22 2021 at 1:35pm
I picked this up a few months ago. Relatively early 1.82 million serial number with 8-43 dated Underwood barrel. The front sight has never been removed and is one of the leftover numbered sights that IP used. This one is numbered “8” which if I recall correctly would be the lowest sight blade. The dovetail has the S’G’ style deformed corners on the right side. Stock that came on it was an Inland high wood, but was heavily sanded. I’ve since swapped it for an unissued RSG handguard and unissued LW-U stock. The trigger group, slide, and bolt look like they were directly swapped onto this barreled receiver at some point in the past from a late 1943 Inland. All the inland parts have the same wear. So, pretty much a parts gun right now with some cool early features. I probably won’t hang on to this one for the long haul, but I’d like to get a little range time with it.

carbinekid View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbinekid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2021 at 1:41pm

Bigheavy31 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigheavy31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2021 at 5:14pm
Nice S’G’- reminds me of another one I have with similar features. This is the one that we were discussing a week ago I assume. Great use for you repaired stock.

carbinekid View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbinekid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 22 2021 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Bigheavy31 Bigheavy31 wrote:

Nice S’G’- reminds me of another one I have with similar features. This is the one that we were discussing a week ago I assume. Great use for you repaired stock.

Yes, this is the one…

I figured the stock deserved to finally make it onto a complete carbine. Great fit and I’m really happy with how well it matched the SG handguard.
 Post Reply Post Reply