Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rock-Ola barrel--Yippie--

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANEEDMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rock-Ola barrel--Yippie--
    Posted: Feb 13 2019 at 5:48pm
Have heard/read many times here on the forum, Never say Never. About a year ago I bought an Inland with a Rock-Ola barrel at a local auction here. Condition was so good I just could not come home without. So I got it, came home and had to take it down, was so happy for a little bit but then I seen in a few books, mostly the CCNL'ers where fake barrels were being spread around, the more I looked at this carbine the more I felt taken. My age & health keeps me pretty much locked up in house and the weather were having it's where most folks should be I guess. Took out my CCNL's yesterday and paged through 1 thru 348-8 / 348-9, I found my barrel, the gent who wrote the pages made my day. My barrel has a type 3 band, kinda strange, with a magnifying glass I could see the band was reparked at some time, was over stamped (hand stamped) with a S-1 over a SI after the park was done, Front sight is milled stamped T R, pretty good chisel mark behind sight too, is bare metal showing. Who knows who may have done this, thought maybe the western folks did it but now I found out it's done quite nice. T G is real nice and quite proper, nice wood too but had been slightly refinished. Please excuse the rant but just had to share.
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2019 at 5:57pm
SWANEEDMB View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANEEDMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2019 at 6:15pm
Thanks Dan, It sure is, perfect match.
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2019 at 10:27pm
Check ccnl 329

To save time go to the data sheet and back issue section. There are 2 downloadable and searchable indexes.

Stake marks sound like typical RO. But if reparked I suspect someone else did the stake mark.

Is ft sight and barrel same color?
SWANEEDMB View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANEEDMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2019 at 5:31pm
Thanks again Dan, Barrel and sight are what I would say 'perfect match'. Also checked CCNL 329.
 Post Reply Post Reply