The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Safety/ Accuracy/Shooting/Ammunition/Care and Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Range Day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Range Day
    Posted: Nov 13 2020 at 10:04pm
Took 2 Carbines to the range again today.

1st up, my "Tacticool" Carbine, the "Howachester"

The Ultimak rail had worked loose over the past few weeks, pushed forward against the barrel band. I remounted it and used more locktite than the 1st time. Of course I needed to tweak my zero

50 rounds 50 yards, the 1st 5 high. I dial it in quick and only had a couple flyers that were my fault. 

75 rounds this time, checking yet another new KCI mag for feed problems. No problems doing 5 and 10 round checks, everything going where it should. The last 15 rounds I try rapid fire. Wide spread of course but for that test the mag worked fine. I'll run it at least 5 more times this rifle 15 rounds before I mark it "good"

Next up, my Plainfield using a USGI type stock, 100 round test. I changed the springs and extractor in the bolt a couple weeks and this was the 2nd test of it with those in

Again 125 rounds, using the same KCI mag I used on the Howa to see if it worked with this one.

No issues until round 75, I get 1 FTE at round 7 of 10 in the mag. I'm leaning toward it the ammo, I'm using Korean surplus and tend to run the dirtier looking rounds through the Plainfield since it's the most "expendable" of my Carbines.

It ran the next 50 rounds fine, so I think it was a good day. 
 Post Reply Post Reply