Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Quality Hardware 6-43

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2019 at 3:03pm
Semper Fi.
green grunt View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2019 at 3:12pm
feed back wanted..... is this a shooter or a safe queen ?
guesses as to it's value , other then being a great piece of history
Semper Fi.
Smoky 1 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoky 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2019 at 4:23pm
Nice Carbine, good catch. If it were mine I would shoot it when I wonted to and put it in the safe till next time. 
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2019 at 4:33pm
Grunt, you and I know that I know what you paid and I won’t spill those beans. Carbine values and prices can get all gummed-up with drama. Nobody wants to admit to being taken and you paid a very fair price for the gun considering your locale. On another forum there is mention of a possible original Winchester. Turns out it is a mix-master and the buyer paid $1700 for it. He was told that was a very good price for a west coast carbine of any kind. That should make you feel better.😁
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2019 at 4:45pm
FTC.......... thank you for the all the help and info. you provided this "new guy"
I think I got it for a good price also.... have a plinking buddy that just got a Winchester that was a refinish/repark job from a LGS... looks / shoots great but it's a mix-master also and that was $1400.00 +tax/DROS and he got a deal on the left coast !
looking forward to giving it a go.... will report how well it shoots.

Semper Fi.
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2019 at 5:37pm
Looks good the me. I know it turns some people off, but the patina equals authenticity in most cases.

Hmm, I think the guy with the 1700 dollar Winchester over on the CMP site was told a lot of things before he bought it. It's very nice as a parts gun, but it ain't original as he believed.
carbinenewb View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbinenewb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2019 at 6:31pm
Any signs of crater staking on the dove tail?
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2019 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Hmm, I think the guy with the 1700 dollar Winchester over on the CMP site was told a lot of things before he bought it. It's very nice as a parts gun, but it ain't original as he believed.[/QUOTE Hmm, I think the guy with the 1700 dollar Winchester over on the CMP site was told a lot of things before he bought it. It's very nice as a parts gun, but it ain't original as he believed.[/QUOTE wrote:

What floored me is $1700 is touted as a “good price” for any carbine. I guess I am still glad I live where I do. I can buy two good carbines for that.

What floored me is $1700 is touted as a “good price” for any carbine. I guess I am still glad I live where I do. I can buy two good carbines for that.
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2019 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by green grunt green grunt wrote:

feed back wanted..... is this a shooter or a safe queen ?

green grunt, It is a nice looking carbine and I think that Floyd steered you in the right direction. If it were mine I would shoot it occasionally. Now you need to go buy another one or two to shoot often.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2019 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by carbinenewb carbinenewb wrote:

Any signs of crater staking on the dove tail?
there are two punch marks right side front and back , look like they been there forever .
Semper Fi.
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2019 at 5:37pm
I found a guy that has a QHMC oval-cut high-wood stock for $310. We know your gun may be worth that...at least.😁
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2019 at 11:07pm
Can the OP post close up pictures of the crater marks (the yellow arrows shown below)?

Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2019 at 10:46am
Semper Fi.
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2019 at 10:59am
Semper Fi.
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2019 at 11:26am
That's pretty much one of the ways Quality staked their rear sights early on in production. Some see it as evidence of an adjustable sight being there once, but that wasn't always the case.
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2019 at 1:23pm
It's all about location, location, location.

Edited by tenOCEE - May 29 2019 at 8:54am
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2019 at 1:39pm
^... would that be the stacking for a adj. sight or a flip ?
Semper Fi.
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2019 at 1:43pm
Semper Fi.
LS6man View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LS6man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2019 at 4:36am
hi.. nice looking carbine

Your staking is consistent with other original early QHMC flip sight carbines

Here are my 2 and there are others posted on this and other sites which show the same staking.. 

tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2019 at 8:55am
Originally posted by green grunt green grunt wrote:

^... would that be the stacking for a adj. sight or a flip ?

Flip.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>