The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Safety/ Accuracy/Shooting/Ammunition/Care and Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

problem with adjustable rise Carbine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smocki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: problem with adjustable rise Carbine
    Posted: Feb 25 2020 at 4:23pm
Good evening,

A colleague from the stand has a usm1 with adjustable raised stamped third model.  It was originally fitted, the center punch making times: D

Therefore, there are no plans to change it.  Ors, here is less action / friction On the knurled button, disrupts the target.  The adjustment "screw" is very loose, on some rise when maneuvering you feel a reluctance, there, nothing at all.

Have you ever encountered this problem?  And how to settle it?

I have to think about redoing the adjustment and depositing a drop of thread lock, or slightly spreading the edges, one from the other, of the rise to brake the screw.

Any ideas, welcome.

Thank you ,
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2020 at 4:32pm
I think I understand what you mean? I have never had that problem, but I have seen replacement spring washers for sale to correct it. I think the aggravation will be taking the sight apart. As I understand it, you might have to drill the deep staking on the retention nut (left side) to disassemble it.

I saw those spring washers for sale on ebay as I recall, or you could purchase a parts-only t3 sight and salvage the washer....if it’s any good.

This presumes you are talking about the windage adjustment.

Smocki View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smocki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2020 at 4:46pm
 good evening, in fact, i think i will change it.  I ordered one this afternoon.  I understand that carefully the knob there was a spring and a push button.
 Post Reply Post Reply