Print Page | Close Window

ammo

Printed From: The Carbine Collector's Club
Category: The Club
Forum Name: Safety/ Accuracy/Shooting/Ammunition/Care and Maintenance
Forum Description: What to Check, Reloading, Tips for Accuracy, Competitive/Recreational Shooting
URL: http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6514
Printed Date: Apr 19 2024 at 5:36pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: ammo
Posted By: Smokie
Subject: ammo
Date Posted: Jan 28 2023 at 8:22am
Is  American made  30 carbine ammo being made to day, I can only find old civilian and older mil surplus ammo either on line or at shows. No carbine ammo at stores.

-------------
Smokie

Replies:
Posted By: GotSnlB28
Date Posted: Jan 28 2023 at 8:49am
As far as I know Federal (American eagle), Remington (UMC) still make it. Others may have more insight but I think it's not a caliber that they load all year, similar to hunting ammo which has also been scarce.
I have always found 30 carbine difficult to buy off the shelf. I think you'd be more likely to find it online when it does become available.

Posted By: floydthecat
Date Posted: Jan 28 2023 at 9:07am
If one insist on shooting 7.62 x 33, reloading or hunting-and-pecking for ammo seems to rule the day. You can enjoy the carbine and shoot for cheap with plentiful ammo if you consider a caliber conversion and it’s not that difficult to do.

Posted By: David Milisock
Date Posted: Jan 28 2023 at 9:36am
To be honest I believe that ammunition purchases have moved on line rather than something stocked at local shops anymore. I really can find 30 Carbine regularly.  

-------------
David Milisock

Posted By: Komatsu61
Date Posted: Jan 28 2023 at 9:42am
I just had a couple boxes of Aquila delivered.  Also I've seen Magtec, PPU, Precision One and Armscor available. I have all but Armscor on hand. Most shoot the same as the Korean surplus except the Magtec groups fine but impacts slightly higher.  Really like the Aquila but it's hard to come by.
Also picked up a couple hundred rounds of the CMP ammo last year at the Nationals, have yet to shoot it. Hope it shoots well.

Posted By: Komatsu61
Date Posted: Jan 28 2023 at 9:51am
forgot to mention LAX Ammo out of California.  They manufacture new 30 carbine. Not a bad price for $183 for 250rnds. I've ordered other brands from them and their a good company however I've never bought their brand of any caliber.  I "hear" good things online, I may buy some of their 9mm to try first.

Posted By: Matt_X
Date Posted: Jan 28 2023 at 11:27am
LAX has been mentioned a few times but no reports yet on it in use.
Precision One made some lots which can be bought directly or through others.
I've seen Remington for sale on-line.  They were bought by Vista two years ago and the factories stayed here.  It may have impacted the distribution network though.  That was the impression I got at my LGS.  He didn't expect to see any Rem for a while if at all.

It's all made in lots or batches.  So calibers that are in less demand were not produced while the companies caught up on the high demand ammo. 

Posted By: Jond41403
Date Posted: Jan 28 2023 at 1:08pm
There is quite a bit of Remington 30 carbine on the shelves in the stores around Kingsport Tennessee in my area. Just bought some last week with gift cards I got for the holidays. Luckily our stores around here's shelves are getting full of ammo again. Even Russian made tulammo 762x39 which surprised me since no more imports from Russia for the foreseeable future. If you have a Dunham sports store near you check them, they seem to have a lot of ammo in mostly all calibers available. So much so, that's where all my gift cards come from from the family for the holidays, they always have ammo.

Posted By: 35 Whelen
Date Posted: Jan 28 2023 at 6:27pm
Speaking of reloading the .30 Carbine, I ran across these ridiculously cheap bullets a few days ago-  https://advancedtactical.com/armscorprecision-30m1-110gr-fmj-bullets-100rnd-bag/" rel="nofollow - ArmscorPrecision - 30M1 - 110gr. - FMJ Bullets - 100rnd/Bag (advancedtactical.com)

Posted By: Rebel92
Date Posted: Jan 28 2023 at 11:05pm
I have used the LAX, shot 500+ rounds of it. Shoots good and reloads well also. PS, check Freedom Munitions if LAX is out of stock, they are the same company I think. Also, you can probably find a free shipping promo code for being a first time buyer with either. 

Posted By: Liberium
Date Posted: Jan 29 2023 at 3:46am
Originally posted by 35 Whelen 35 Whelen wrote:

Speaking of reloading the .30 Carbine, I ran across these ridiculously cheap bullets a few days ago-  https://advancedtactical.com/armscorprecision-30m1-110gr-fmj-bullets-100rnd-bag/" rel="nofollow - ArmscorPrecision - 30M1 - 110gr. - FMJ Bullets - 100rnd/Bag (advancedtactical.com)

wish we had that cheap bullets here, we pay $100+ for 500 in Europe
boxes of ammo (50) are $40+
but we have good ammo like ppu and S&B
primers are very hard to get so I hope that since they are getting back in stores in the usa they will stop buying them in Europe so we can have some.
powder is getting hard to get too so soon I will be throwing rocks on the range.

did the third primer company ever started producing anything in the usa ?

-------------
1944 national postal meter .30M1
KNSA (Dutch NRA) Member

Posted By: Timothy
Date Posted: Jan 29 2023 at 8:34pm
I’m in CA and two of my local gun stores seem to always have a few boxes on the shelf. Not cheap, around a dollar a round. I bought a box of Remington when I started reloading to have some as a reference, and a box of another manufacturer (forgot who made it) as a birthday gift to my brother in law when he was given his grandfather’s carbine. These are smallish independent gunshops, not bass pro type places.

As has been before by others reloading this round is pretty straight forward: trimming is the only additional step as compared to straight-walled pistol calibers. Economical as well.

-------------
T R

Posted By: charlie44gs
Date Posted: Jan 30 2023 at 9:48am
I found these at local weekend shows over the past year. The Load-X was made in 2021 but the others were much older. I reload using suggestions found i=on this site.

Posted By: David Milisock
Date Posted: Jan 30 2023 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Timothy Timothy wrote:

I’m in CA and two of my local gun stores seem to always have a few boxes on the shelf. Not cheap, around a dollar a round. I bought a box of Remington when I started reloading to have some as a reference, and a box of another manufacturer (forgot who made it) as a birthday gift to my brother in law when he was given his grandfather’s carbine. These are smallish independent gunshops, not bass pro type places.

As has been before by others reloading this round is pretty straight forward: trimming is the only additional step as compared to straight-walled pistol calibers. Economical as well.

I'm finding that the once fired cases from various manufacturers vary a great deal from a few thousands over minimum to a few thousands under max, makes seating easier and cycling reliable. 

-------------
David Milisock

Posted By: Liberium
Date Posted: Jan 31 2023 at 3:07am
I always trim them to the same lenght, but I found some that are under the minimum lenght only fired once, that puzzels me.

And I have one brand that will not fit the rcbs case trimmer, I think it was cbc, the pilot of the case trimmer just doesnt go inside the casing

-------------
1944 national postal meter .30M1
KNSA (Dutch NRA) Member

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net