Print Page | Close Window

New Inland Mfg. Carbines - Anyone Purchased One?

Printed From: The Carbine Collector's Club
Category: The Club
Forum Name: Commercial Carbines
Forum Description: Links to Information and recommendations
URL: http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1231
Printed Date: Apr 20 2024 at 7:27am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: New Inland Mfg. Carbines - Anyone Purchased One?
Posted By: David Albert
Subject: New Inland Mfg. Carbines - Anyone Purchased One?
Date Posted: Feb 13 2016 at 8:08pm
Has anyone purchased one of the new Inland Manufacturing M1 Carbines that are being produced in Dayton, OH?

https://www.inland-mfg.com" rel="nofollow - https://www.inland-mfg.com

I handled one at OGCA last year, and it looked pretty nice, but it was only a 30-second look that I took of it. I'm interested if anyone has purchased one, shot one, and has any kind of feedback about them.

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Replies:
Posted By: cali201
Date Posted: Feb 15 2016 at 6:46pm
cut and paste this link

http://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=53708" rel="nofollow - http://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=53708

Date Posted: Feb 20 2016 at 10:45am
cali201,

Thanks for the link. I hope to see additional discussion like that here soon, as more members become aware of the new forum.

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

-------------
NRA Life Member
Past Pres., The American Thompson Association
Amer. Society of Arms Collectors
OGCA/TCA/Carbine Club/GCA/IAA
SAR Writer
Author - The Many Firearm Designs of Eugene Reising
Eagle Scout

Posted By: SteveG
Date Posted: Mar 13 2016 at 8:49am
Originally posted by cali201 cali201 wrote:

cut and paste this link

http://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=53708" rel="nofollow - http://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=53708

Good grief, I just read the posts on this link, and would really suggest others do also.  I think the people posting were trying to be as honest as possible.

Posted By: wd4ngb
Date Posted: Mar 18 2016 at 1:10pm
I would guess that they are a lot like new car models when they first come out, a lot of little glitch's that get resolved very soon. Hopefully they have a Customer Relations dept set up to take care of them.

-------------
Retired Army, 22 years.

Date Posted: Aug 05 2016 at 9:43am
I have been a fan of the Carbine since I carried a M2 in Korea, and a chopped M2 in Vietnam.

I got back into the Carbines the 1st part of this year with a nice 1943 Underwood. I love shooting it, and have it as a backup Home Defense gun along with my S&W 9mm.

I have wanted to get something like the chopped M2 I had in Nam, but only choices were one of the old Enforcers type pistols, and they have lots of problems with reliability for a SHTF or Home Defense gun. The timing of the new Inland Advisor release was perfect, and I decided to get one.

My Advisor came in yesterday, and is sitting here being disassembled,inspected, cleaned and lubed. I will test fit it into my other cut down Carbine stock tomorrow and get some photos.

These are a little expensive, but are built to USGI Specs, so I can have a spare parts kit for both the Underwood and this, and use the same ammo and mags in my SHTF gear. I carried a spare bolt in Nam, and will with these also.

Here is a link to my Carbine Page. 

http://webpages.charter.net/wd4ngb/carbine.htm

It has a few photos of my 1943 Underwood, and my history with the Advisor Carbine.

As soon as I have the cut down M1 Carbine stock fitted to the new Inland Advisor, I will take some photos latter today. I will take it to the range for some break in and testing next week.

-------------
Retired Army, 22 years.

Date Posted: Aug 05 2016 at 11:08am
Looking forward to the photos, and the range report!

David

-------------
NRA Life Member
Past Pres., The American Thompson Association
Amer. Society of Arms Collectors
OGCA/TCA/Carbine Club/GCA/IAA
SAR Writer
Author - The Many Firearm Designs of Eugene Reising
Eagle Scout

Posted By: RONKIRK
Date Posted: Aug 06 2016 at 3:48am
DON'T OWN ONE BUT CALLED THEM & ASKED IF IT WAS 100% G.I.COMPATABLE.TOOK A WHILE BUT THEY FINALLY TOLD ME IT IS 90%. I HAVE HEARD GOOD & BAD REVIEWS SO GOOD LUCK IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO BUY ONE. ALSO, I COULD BE WRONG BUT I WAS TOLD THERE NOT THE INLAND FROM THE WW-2 YEARS AND THEY HAVE THE RIGHTS TO USE THE NAME.
                                                RON KIRK

-------------
KIRK

Date Posted: Aug 09 2016 at 9:10am
Well I received my Inland Advisor Carbine Pistol, and took it apart to inspect, clean and lube. So far, so good. Everything seems fine so far. I tested my Underwood bolt and trigger assembly into the Advisor, and the Advisor's into the Underwood, and they swap just fine. I checked the head space on both, and just fine. Dry fired both, and checked feeding ammo from my known good mags, and they work just fine. Will do a range test in the near future. 

Advisor and its stock

Mounted in my cut down M1 Carbine stock. This is how the one I carried in Nam looked.

-------------
Retired Army, 22 years.

Date Posted: Aug 09 2016 at 9:33am
My 1943 Underwood with the Advisor. I am fabricating a sling mount to put on the bottom of the grip so I can sling it easily. I Just used a rope in Nam.

-------------
Retired Army, 22 years.

Posted By: SeoulFood
Date Posted: Aug 10 2016 at 6:53am
Wow! Not bad. Definitely looks better in the cut stock :)

Posted By: Captain O
Date Posted: Sep 05 2016 at 9:20pm
Did you have the M2 Version in country? If so, was it accurate, or was it just an "up close and personal" weapon?

-------------
"Political correctness is fascism disguised as manners." - George Carlin

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is final." - Wyatt Earp

Date Posted: Sep 05 2016 at 9:56pm
While there may have been some "soft bolt" issues early in the "New Inland Carbine" production, I believe that Ron Norton may have replaced the offending bolts, replacing them with properly tempered units.

-------------

Date Posted: Sep 05 2016 at 10:07pm
I like the looks and the feel of it in the cut down stock a lot more than the Para stock. The one I carried on Nam was a cut down M2, and was as accurate as you could expect for a 10 inch barrel. In single shot mode, about 100 yards would result in about a 8 - 10 inch group. With no butt stock, my rope sling was adjusted so it was tight when I extended it, and held under the front. This gives a very stable firing position.  Most of the time on Auto, it was for 25 yards or less, from the hip, or slightly higher. 

I am setting this one up with a short rail under the front, and putting a grip stop on it, with a combo light/laser on it. Will post up photo in a day or 2.

-------------
Retired Army, 22 years.

Date Posted: Sep 05 2016 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by wd4ngb wd4ngb wrote:

I like the looks and the feel of it in the cut down stock a lot more than the Para stock. The one I carried on Nam was a cut down M2, and was as accurate as you could expect for a 10 inch barrel. In single shot mode, about 100 yards would result in about a 8 - 10 inch group. With no butt stock, my rope sling was adjusted so it was tight when I extended it, and held under the front. This gives a very stable firing position.  Most of the time on Auto, it was for 25 yards or less, from the hip, or slightly higher. 

I am setting this one up with a short rail under the front, and putting a grip stop on it, with a combo light/laser on it. Will post up photo in a day or 2.

While I know these were useful "in country" what about stateside? Other than fun, is there a "practical" side to this pistol?

-------------

Date Posted: Sep 05 2016 at 11:33pm
Perfect back up Home Defense, and SHTF gun. I prefer this over a AR type rifle because it is much lighter, smaller, more maneuverable, plenty of stopping power with ammo like Hornady Critical Defense in typical defensive distances. and much less chance of a missed shot traveling too far and hitting a unintended target, especially in a sub division. With the light/laser under it, very quick target acquisition. 

-------------
Retired Army, 22 years.

Date Posted: Sep 06 2016 at 12:06am

Perfect back up Home Defense, and SHTF gun. I prefer this over a AR type rifle because it is much lighter, smaller, more maneuverable, plenty of stopping power with ammo like Hornady Critical Defense in typical defensive distances. and much less chance of a missed shot traveling too far and hitting a unintended target, especially in a sub division. With the light/laser under it, very quick target acquisition. 

Sounds like the perfect definition of an HD weapon! Thumbs Up People think that I'm silly when I tell them that the .30 Carbine, loaded with hot soft point ammunition, beats the #ell out of a handgun every time!

-------------

Date Posted: Sep 06 2016 at 6:54pm
Oh yea, I keep a couple of 9mm pistols on me, or close by, but if things get serious, Sweet Thing 2 comes into play. Sweet Thing was what I called my M2 in Nam, so this is Sweet Thing 2. :)  

Here is the Advisor with the Light/Laser added.

-------------
Retired Army, 22 years.

Date Posted: Sep 06 2016 at 7:56pm
Looks like "#ell on wheels" to me! We have both seen enough death in our times, and we don't readily warm to the idea. On the other hand, I don't intend to die before my time. This is why I'm so fond of the M1 Carbine.

The "little rifle" can raise "Holy Ned" in a heartbeat! When I was a little boy, I called my Daisy Western Field BB rifle "Old Betsy". I have been trying to create a moniker for my A/O AOM 130 M1 Carbine.

Any thoughts?

-------------

Date Posted: Sep 07 2016 at 10:02pm
You may already know this, but if you purchase a forged bolt from either Fulton Armory, or James River Armory, your bolt may have a longer life than those from Inland. From what I understand, either the FA or JRA are superbly machined  to the "n" th level of perfection.

I hope that Ron Norton has solved the "soft bolt" problem.

-------------

Date Posted: Sep 07 2016 at 10:39pm
Yea, I have followed all that stuff. Since this is a real part of my HD, I picked up a complete spare bolt, a extra bolt rebuild kit, and trigger kit, and proper tools. This is part because of unknown quality, but more from 22 years of Army, and always having a backup plan. If Hillary gets in, many things will change, and I want to have all bases covered. Several guns, ammo, and parts for each of them. 

Ready for some Tennis?

-------------
Retired Army, 22 years.

Date Posted: Sep 07 2016 at 11:56pm
Like you, I pray that the Hildebeast doesn't get in. Perhaps Donald won't have his head in the wrong orifice.

I just invested in five magazines for my M1 Carbine and nine (military) magazines for my Ruger 5.56. I have more than enough for my Kalashnikov.

I trust my AK, AR, M1 and my Remington 870 to do the job. 

-------------

Date Posted: Sep 08 2016 at 12:25am

Yea, I have followed all that stuff. Since this is a real part of my HD, I picked up a complete spare bolt, a extra bolt rebuild kit, and trigger kit, and proper tools. This is part because of unknown quality, but more from 22 years of Army, and always having a backup plan. If Hillary gets in, many things will change, and I want to have all bases covered. Several guns, ammo, and parts for each of them. 

Ready for some Tennis?

Heck, we can get together and raise a "racket". Wink 

The M1 and M2 carbines worked quite well in 'Nam. People saw the M1 as inferior, but it isn't so. (Audie Murphy didn't think so). Daddy didn't care for it (UDT/NRT) but I do. It beats the daylights out of the Thompson Submachinegun.

Captain O 

-------------

Date Posted: Sep 08 2016 at 9:40am
Hahaha, "raise a racket". Unfortunately, I think my generation (18-young 20 somethings) is to blame for the hildebeast... outside of those in the armed services, the things I often hear from my "peers" kind worries me.

Politics aside, I hope the issues with the Inland carbines have been ironed out. Dayton's industry has taken some hard hits over the last few decades, and I don't think this presidency, or the recession, has helped any. Hopefully Inland can put some life back into the city.

Like you, I want options, and back up options.. so in addition to my USGI carbines, I have a Mini 14 and am building a brand new HD carbine off of a JRA receiver. I recently ordered a fulton bolt for it, and am planning to replace the GI trigger housing with a new fulton trigger housing and get a brand new criterion barrel fitted to the JRA receiver. The stock, to include the handguard, is all original ROK military.

Date Posted: Sep 08 2016 at 7:52pm
Say, SeoulFood, do you like the offering(s) from Buffalo Bore? With a maximum Pound Per Square Inch average of 40, 000 it doesn't exceed the maximum allowed by the SAMMI pressure limit. Buffalo Bore calls it their "full power" .30 Carbine load.

While I wouldn't recommend these loads for a WWII vintage Carbine, your James River Armory Carbine will probably tolerate it reasonably well. The JSP loads should prove quite effective against smaller deer. The JHP would make for a great "house load". Their FMJ will penetrate 30+ in living flesh (and will likely pass handily through most living skeletal structures).

BTW, when I walked into a local Chinese restaurant, I wisecracked "Do you serve Chinese food?" The waiter replied, "Yes sir, we serve everyone food."

That was my 44-year-old joke of the day. (With a tip of my comic hat to Ron Hudson and Bob Landry, Dore Records, 1972).

-------------

Posted By: shadycon
Date Posted: Sep 08 2016 at 9:50pm
I would think any pistol or small firearm would be a good self defense weapon in the hand of anyone "WHO KNOWS HOW TO USE IT PROPERLY". Every situation is "DIFFERENT". Use what you are comfortable/trained with! Just my opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!Clap

Date Posted: Sep 09 2016 at 10:58pm
Cpt O, I will say the Buffalo Bore rounds look enticing. Once I finish the new carbine I may test some of their FMJ rounds. For now I've pretty much sworn by Sellier and Bellot for FMJ rounds. For HD I've been hoarding some Hornady critical defense rounds,  but I have yet to use them and see how they hold up against my various fruit/bags of flour targets. Unfortunately, being that I'm in Korea right now I haven't got to shoot my carbine much!

Date Posted: Sep 10 2016 at 1:41am
Originally posted by SeoulFood SeoulFood wrote:

Cpt O, I will say the Buffalo Bore rounds look enticing. Once I finish the new carbine I may test some of their FMJ rounds. For now I've pretty much sworn by Sellier and Bellot for FMJ rounds. For HD I've been hoarding some Hornady critical defense rounds,  but I have yet to use them and see how they hold up against my various fruit/bags of flour targets. Unfortunately, being that I'm in Korea right now I haven't got to shoot my carbine much!

I have a feeling that the Hornady Critical Defense will be quite effective. They are specially constructed to perform much as a Hollow Soft Point. (The plastic nose cap is very good at ensuring proper feeding).

Buffalo Bore is loading these "up to the maximum pressure edge" but not over. This is how they squeeze 2100 fps from all three 110-grain bullet configurations. I truly believe that if the police were to replace the AR-15 with M1 Carbines (once again) an loaded them with Buffalo Bore's 110-grain JSP, It would serve even better than the AR, because it is lighter, and will perform just as well within 100 yards and doesn't look like a "military" rifle.   

-------------

Date Posted: Sep 10 2016 at 10:21pm
Seoul, you need to get some sights on that soon in case Crazy Kim goes total nuts. :)  I have a few boxes of Critical Defense now, and would love to compare to the Buffalo's if they feed OK. Oh, that Korean writing on the stock is my name... :) So far my Advisor is doing fine. Have spare parts as backup.  Cpt, make sure to give us a report on the AO.

-------------
Retired Army, 22 years.

Date Posted: Sep 10 2016 at 10:35pm
Many shooters keep telling me that the preponderance of the Auto Ordnance M1 Carbines (Model AOM 130)  shoot well and have no problems. This includes Jeff Quinn at Gunblast.com. After I have the chance to shoot the Auto Ordnance/Kahr I'll let everyone know how well it feeds/functions.

I am sorely tempted to first polish the feed ramp of the rifle. This is so that the piece can readily chamber (and digest) Jacketed Soft Point ammunition. I value this far above just shooting Full Metal Jacket fodder. I'm planning on shooting small and medium game (up to 200 pounds) as well as big, "bad guys".

All in favor, say AYE!   

-------------

Date Posted: Sep 19 2016 at 5:46pm

Seoul, you need to get some sights on that soon in case Crazy Kim goes total nuts. :)  I have a few boxes of Critical Defense now, and would love to compare to the Buffalo's if they feed OK. Oh, that Korean writing on the stock is my name... :) So far my Advisor is doing fine. Have spare parts as backup.  Cpt, make sure to give us a report on the AO.

wd4ngb: I agree that Crazy Kim is "nuttier than squirrel $#it". He is also twice as likely to attack the United States West Coast with Nuclear warheads than Fidel Castro ever was. (It has been confirmed that he has recently attained the capability to do so).

Were I SeoulFood, I'd be doing my level best to leave that particular portion of the hemisphere. Plenty of Soft Point ammunition that feeds well and shoots reliably would seem to be the imperative.  

-------------

Date Posted: Sep 19 2016 at 6:35pm
Yea, I had 4 tours in Korea, and Kim come from a family of Fruit Cakes!  I really do not see North Korea lasting another 10 years. They are slowly collapsing from within. They had Russia as there Step Father, then they pulled out and China took over. This nut case has all but thumbed his nose at China, and they are about to drop them also. 

I feel sorry for the regular people of North Korea. 

-------------
Retired Army, 22 years.

Date Posted: Oct 05 2016 at 5:17am

Yea, I had 4 tours in Korea, and Kim come from a family of Fruit Cakes!  I really do not see North Korea lasting another 10 years. They are slowly collapsing from within. They had Russia as there Step Father, then they pulled out and China took over. This nut case has all but thumbed his nose at China, and they are about to drop them also. 

I feel sorry for the regular people of North Korea. 

All considered, it is readily apparent why all of the Communist Dictatorships collapse from within. Their method of government is completely unsustainable. You are 100% correct. This Dictatorship will ultimately collapse within the next 120 months.

(Let's buy sufficient popcorn for the duration, okay)? LOL Wink 

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 05 2016 at 6:11am
I think we should give the South Koreans nukes, and leave. It will save us time, money, and ultimately it will enable the ROK to defend themselves against the only advantage the North has.

Date Posted: Oct 05 2016 at 8:55am
I picked up a spare USGI complete bolt and trigger, plus a bolt rebuild rebuild kit, and complete spring kit to have for future long term use. 

Since the need for a SHTF plan is needed more and more, I put together some gear that should cover anything I may need on short notice.

http://webpages.charter.net/wd4ngb/shtf.htm

If some changes take place in our 2nd Amendment rights, I am pretty much ready to get through it.

-------------
Retired Army, 22 years.

Date Posted: Oct 07 2016 at 10:25am
Very nice kit, have you considered a gas mask? I don't think hardly any of us has the budget to survive a full CBRN attack, but maybe just a cheap Israeli mask or something that would at least give you a chance against CS or smoke canisters might not be a bad purchase.

Date Posted: Oct 07 2016 at 1:32pm
One for cs at least would be a good idea... Thanks

-------------
Retired Army, 22 years.

Date Posted: Oct 12 2016 at 7:50pm
I passed along the idea of installing a Fulton Armory or James River Armory bolt in a New Inland Carbine whose bolt has begun to fail. Others have stated that they are uncertain of the bolt's ability to fit in the New Inland Carbine receiver. I believe in the old adage:

"The proof of the pudding is in the eating". Apparently wd4ngb has "eaten several helpings", and seems entirely satisfied. Thumbs Up

Would you care to address the people on the Milsurps Forum?  

-------------

Posted By: sleeplessnashadow
Date Posted: Apr 20 2017 at 6:26am
I've had a fair amount of experience with more than a half dozen new Inland Mfg carbines over the past year and a half. I've seen and heard the responses from Inland regarding them properly hardening the bolt now, with "now" being more than a year ago. My experience and calibrated Rockwell Hardness Test Machine has shown otherwise.

My recommendation is have a look at the page on the new Inland I now have posted and if you own one monitor the areas shown closely.

http://www.m1carbinesinc.com/carbine_inland.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.m1carbinesinc.com/carbine_inland.html

As indicated on the web page, the bolts used by Inland Mfg and Auto-Ordnance are not manufactured to GI specs. The body of their bolt is slightly longer than GI, the left lug is slightly shorter than GI and the right lug is off spec in several ways. This doesn't mean a GI bolt or bolt from another manufacturer won't work. It means they may or may not work due to the different dimensions and loose tolerances of the receivers used by both Inland and Auto-Ordnance.

If you use a GI bolt in either an Inland or an Auto-Ordnance be sure to monitor the face of the hammer for damage. Their hammers are hardened to operate with the hardness of their bolts and a GI bolt will shorten the life of their hammers.

These carbines are not GI carbines, they are replicas of GI carbines as all commercial carbines are. These two manufacturers have chosen to alter certain dimensions that will work with other parts they have altered but not necessarily GI parts or other commercial parts.

What these two manufacturers don't do is finish machine many of the cast parts. Those they do machine the quality of the work varies from one carbine to the next. This helps keep their overhead costs down and profit margins at a level they wish to maintain. The trade off is the money they save is a cost passed on to the end users who don't catch the problems before their warranty expires.

I'm working on an update/overhaul of the Auto-Ordnance page with up to date information. The info on the Inland page is also current information, albeit a repeat of several ongoing issues that are still issues that need to be monitored.

Jim

Posted By: gkayea
Date Posted: Nov 27 2017 at 7:12pm
 Hi , I purchased an new Inland 1945 carbine almost 2 years ago, shortly after they were introduced.
The fit and finish was good except for the groove in the wood barrel shroud, the upper edge of the groove was a little too high and obscured the right ear of the front sight. I carefully removed and reshaped the shroud until it was perfect. As far as accuracy i can average 3 to 4" groups bench resting at 50 yds with iron sights. The only problem i am having is FTF cartridges into the chamber, it happens quite frequently.
The bolt will strip the cartridge from the magazine but jams the cartridge sometimes between the top of the feed ramp and the left side of the chamber. Can i attribute this to the Rifle not being broken in yet ?
Or is it possible my cartridges COL may be too long. I have fired about 300 rounds through it since new.    

Posted By: W5USMC
Date Posted: Nov 27 2017 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by gkayea gkayea wrote:

The only problem i am having is FTF cartridges into the chamber, it happens quite frequently. The bolt will strip the cartridge from the magazine but jams the cartridge sometimes between the top of the feed ramp and the left side of the chamber.

Have you fired it with different magazines??

-------------
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member

Posted By: Charles
Date Posted: Nov 28 2017 at 8:44am
Polishing the feed ramp definitely made a difference in my S'G' I'd go for it.

-------------
Charles
Co B 1st Batl.115 Inf. Reg.
29th. Divi.
4.2 Heavy Mortar Co Retired
Life member NRA

Date Posted: Nov 28 2017 at 2:45pm
To help isolate it, try firing the carbine with the magazine sitting on a table or something putting some pressure on the magazine. If if feeds good, the mag catch is the problem. A good M2 USGI one will fix it.

http://webpages.charter.net/wd4ngb/trigger%20parts.htm" rel="nofollow - http://webpages.charter.net/wd4ngb/trigger%20parts.htm

-------------
Retired Army, 22 years.

Date Posted: Nov 28 2017 at 6:38pm
Yes I have tried quite a few different types and the 15 round mags have fewer FTF then the 30 round mags. And i did change out the magazine catch with the M2 type. I have magazines that were supplied by Inland, Fulton, Keep Shooting and Korean made ones, have no favorites among them. I am leaning towards carefully polishing the feed ramp. 

Date Posted: Nov 28 2017 at 6:44pm
Thank you,
 I failed to mention in my original post that i had changed out the mag catch with the M2 type along with changing the cross bolt safety with the lever type. I have noticed that some mags fit tighter then some other ones i have.

Date Posted: Nov 28 2017 at 6:50pm
Thanks for the advice, i tried polishing it with my Dremel with cylinder shaped fob & some jewlers rouge but i didn't have the cone shaped Fobs to do a proper job. I have seen these fobs on Ebay but haven't gotten around to buying some yet. I will give them a try. I am also trying different case lengths on my reloads to see if that is an issue.

Glenn

Date Posted: Nov 28 2017 at 6:54pm
  Yes, I have tried 4 different manufactures with nothing to write home about, they all function about the same, 15 round function a little better then the 30 round ones. I won't give up trying to solve this FTFeed
issue. 

Thank you.
Glenn

Posted By: Charles
Date Posted: Nov 29 2017 at 7:46am
I touche on this on  an earlier post. If you have to slap the mag to set it, the little tabs need to be filed just a little bit. Retry with the mag full to see if you have filed enough. I found this mag repair on YOUTUBE.

-------------
Charles
Co B 1st Batl.115 Inf. Reg.
29th. Divi.
4.2 Heavy Mortar Co Retired
Life member NRA

Date Posted: Nov 29 2017 at 5:54pm
  Thanks Charles,

I will give it a try but may be a while until i get back to the range again.

Posted By: Ghostman
Date Posted: Dec 02 2017 at 2:12pm

To wd4ngb (Mr. Richards),

have you had any offers on the Advisor stock that has been replaced?

-------------
Michael
Retired Army 1987-2008
4th ID Mech, 11th ACR, 25th ID light, 82nd Abn, 101st Abn/AAsslt, 160th SOAR
Helicopter Dr.
VCDL member
NRA Life Member
Weapons & History Enthusiast

Date Posted: Dec 02 2017 at 5:50pm
No,  wouldn't have any idea what it is worth.

-------------
Retired Army, 22 years.

Posted By: Rodman
Date Posted: Feb 24 2018 at 7:40pm
I checked out the Milsurpls site. Very disappointing review. I was considering getting a new one but at a grand I am having second thoughts. Maybe I'll look for another USGI and wait until they work out these issues. Hopefully they will.

Date Posted: Feb 24 2018 at 8:55pm
Here is the up dated Advisor.  I added a 2/1 sling to it, and replaced the laser/light combo with a high output Green Laser. This is good out to 300 yards in daylight, and way farther than it will shoot at night. Took it to the range and it is Awesome !    

Wish I had this sling in Nam. It can go from a single point to a traditional 2 point in about 10 seconds. 

This is how it is used in the single point configuration. This allows the advisor to be pushed out using the forward grip stop to have tension on the sling for stability almost as solid as a rifle. Below is a similar style sling shown for clarity only. It can be pivoted around so the gun hangs along your side, then quickly put into action when needed. 

-------------
Retired Army, 22 years.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net