Forum Description: Share Your Carbine
URL: http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1159
Printed Date: Apr 16 2024 at 9:09am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: IBM .30M1 sn 3675209
Posted By: patrickduis
Subject: IBM .30M1 sn 3675209
Date Posted: Jan 12 2016 at 10:19am
Here are some pics of my carbine. I use it for match-shooting indoors at 25m (because or range is not longer) and outside at 100m. I also want to learn a lot of its specific features and am -trying- to fill in the datasheet I got from Jim (thanks Jim!!!). That will be added later when I have more info.
I hope to learn a lot about these carbines with the help on this forum.
The carbine looks very refurbished and shows a lot of wear. I think the barrel, sights and stock were renewed.

Here are the most important markings and explanations I got from Jim:

Barrel band: SI 
American Radiator Standard Sanitary Corporation as a subcontractor for Inland

Left receiver: 3675209, under that 3 IBM
Under sights: IBM CORP, under that 3675209 (barely visible)

Integral gas cylinder
Short barrel skirt
Marking under barrel: square with line across.

Flat Bolt: SG

Type III slide
Gas block underside: OAB Auto-Ordnance subcontractor for IBM

Stamped Rear sights I.R. CO International Register Company (replacement)

Walnut stock, low wood. Modified oval cut, pot belly

Type IV trigger housing. Trigger marked MI
Type IV rotary safety
Type III mag catches manufactured by Walt Manufacturing Company and Commercial Controls (formerly National Postal Meter).

Pouch: Airtress Midland

Magazines: MN:National Postal Meter IS:International Silver

-------------
Various Inlands, Underwoods, I.B.M.s and an NPM
NVBIW, NVWHT, NVBMB, KNSA member
Conservator Military Historical Museum Achtmaal U.S. 104th I.D. Timberwolves
www.militairhistorischmuseumachtmaal.nl

Replies:
Posted By: New2brass
Date Posted: Jan 12 2016 at 11:23am
http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/topic26.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/forum/topic26.html
for data sheets and a link walking you through the data sheet.

What make is the barrel, Usually marked just near the front sight

Date Posted: Jan 12 2016 at 12:16pm
There is no marking on the barrel near the front sight, therefore I think the barrel has been replaced.

-------------

Posted By: imntxs564
Date Posted: Jan 12 2016 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by patrickduis patrickduis wrote:

I use it for match-shooting indoors

What type of Ammo you use for Match Grade Shooting ?

The MN Magazine was manufacture by Mattatuck Mfg. Co. What I don't know if later International Silver started at sometime making them all for the M1 Carbine Manufacturers like they did for the Oilers.

-------------
Frank

Date Posted: Jan 12 2016 at 1:16pm
Thanks for the info. The MN magazine is slightly larger than the other one (IS). But the MN almost always gives a misfeed at the last 2 cartridges. The MN magazine is a tight fit in the carbine whereas the IS is looser. But the IS magazine always feeds correctly, no misfeed so far.

For the matches I use most of the time just standard ammo, either S&B 110grs FMJ or the PRVI partizan (cheapest) 110grs FMJ RN. I notice no difference in performance.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 12 2016 at 1:30pm
Mostly I use that for target. If it works for you than great. Look at some other Ammo and read about them. Some will give you better results in Match Grade Competition.

I never heard of a size difference in Mags. I have many, many Mags with All sort of Makers Mark on them and all seem to be the correct size. Check your Mag spring. The high side of the spring should go towards the back of the Mag follower. It shows it in the Dept. of Army Technical Manuals and some books written about the M1 Carbine. That might be one of the problems. Also the Retaining Lugs can be worn on thhe Mag. Also the Mag Catch too could be worn.

-------------
Frank

Date Posted: Jan 12 2016 at 3:42pm
Thanks for the info, I'll check that.

What brand and kind of ammo gives you good results? I need to try a few boxes out......Next time at the gunsmith's I'll check what he has and buy a box or 2 of each to test it. 
I will also bring my carbine+magazines to him because he's also a big fan of carbines and wants to check it and give it a little tune-up job.

The sights are pretty much on now, this is 5 shots with the PRVI ammo (don't look at the black dots, this is my test-card that I always use before actually starting to shoot for counts, I use the same card every week until it falls apart....they cost euro 0,20 each here....)
Maybe 1 or 2 clicks more to the left....and then the sights are really on.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 12 2016 at 8:06pm
In Match Grade I like to use either Federal Power-Shock Ammunition 30 Carbine 110 Grain. The ammo runs about 3 MOA for accuracy which is acceptable given maximum ranges. I have taken this load to 200 yards with great accuracy.

I Also use American Eagle which is also a Federal Brand Ammo. Both 110 gr. When I shot S & B it took forever to clean. The residue just goes everywhere and I myself after 3 times of using S&B I take my Bolt apart and give it a good bath.

-------------
Frank

Date Posted: Jul 26 2016 at 7:11pm

I'm shooting my carbine now for a few months..........standing 1st rank still in our local club match ranking, because there are not too much shooters that shoot this expensive ammo, about 20 guys, (but the ex-gunnery sergeant that was ill for a few months, my trainer, is slowly catching up with me........) .This is a kneeled score on a 25m target.......
I'm feeling I'm reaching the end of improvement now..........followed a few US army rifle marksmanship video's and stuff.............Is there a way to improve my carbine (or me) to get ahead of Gsgt cathing up with me?
I'm an experienced handgun shooter but not an experienced rifleman.....any tips are welcome.....
I'm currently shooting PRVI parizan .30m1 ammo by the way......a bit dirty but the cheapest in Holland at the moment. Tomorrow I'll have to get me some new ammo, first I'm going to see what the shop has......in Holland PRVI and S&B are almost the only ammo brands to get for .30M1....

-------------

Date Posted: Jul 26 2016 at 7:43pm
Nice Shooting...Is that a Type 2 Barrel Band or a Cut Type 3 Bayonet Lug ? I don't see many potbelly stocks with Original Type 2 Barrel Bands. I've heard from a Match Shooter that if the Barrel Band is over Tighten it could make a difference in your shooting results. The grouping looks nice. If it's always shoots like this check your Front Sight and Rear Sight alignment. It shouldn't be off by much. It looks like if there is anything wrong it's not much your target looks nice. If you haven't done nothing to your sights from outdoor shooting to indoor shooting just play with it little. But it does look good.

-------------
Frank

Date Posted: Jul 27 2016 at 2:58am
Thanks, I think my carbine (bought it as a shooter, not a real collector piece) has been modified a lot before I bought it for 200 euro's, see the pictures above. It belonged to an older shooter that had to stop because of health reasons.  In Holland it is obgligatory to shoot at least 18 times per year, the police checks that in your logbook (every time you shoot the logbook is signed by a board-member of the club).

I think the stock has been replaced by this potbelly and the barrel also because I don't see a serial number near the front sight, I also see the barrel has been in a vise sometime, probably for the replacement. The front sight has been "sporterized" and is adjusted quite well. I put the rear sight on 100 yds (first "click"). At 25m I aim at the bottom of the black circle of the paper target (I adjusted the sights for all my handguns also the same, because I'm a primary target shooter).
The receiver/trigger part looks original still.

The only real issue I had with the gun, is that when the barrel band is not super tight, it comes loose very quickly. Therefore I modified the barrel band spring a bit, because it was not "cathing" the barrel band correctly. 
The top piece of the stock does not have a perfect match with the lower potbelly part....but it works.

-------------

Posted By: aschaefer
Date Posted: Jul 27 2016 at 3:33pm
Hope I am allowed to jump in.

Most of the shooters here in Luxembourg are using Remington Ammo for the matches unless the reload themselves. Some are using the Partizan, like myself. Problem for the moment is that there is no Partizan ammo available in the whole country (mind you Luxembourg is really small so it is easy to check :-))
According to my favourite gun shop when the Partizan ammo will be available again it will be 25% more expensive than the previous lot they have sold, which will make the price almost even to the Remington ammo and therefore I will probably reconsider my ammo choice.

By the way, great shooting. Need to try myself at 25m just to see how I'll do. All our matches are at 50m.

With regard to your barrel, are there any other markings apart from the one on the picture?

Date Posted: Jul 27 2016 at 5:22pm
Hi to my Luxemburg neighbor, you live quite nearby compared to many other guys around here, of course you can jump in, its always nice to have a worldwide chat on carbines.
I see many carbines for sale online in the US, note that I bought my IBM (non original, very much tampered with, shooter, not collector) for only 200 euro's. But that is the normal price here in Holland for a carbine in this shape. They are actually not so popular b ecause of the expensive ammo and not many clubs have a match for it. Since I'm member of an ex- Dutch Marines Shooting club, it is very popular however in my shooting club. Many of the old guys here actually served and fought with this gun in the East Indies and Korea after WWII. The match type is therefore called "veteran service rifle" for that reason.
There are actually no markings at all on the barrel, therefore I think it is a Dutch gunsmith retrofit.
PRVI is not difficult to buy here, it is the standard brand carbine ammo, and the cheapest. This evening after work I bought 3 boxes of PRVI for 19 euro's each. Not cheap, but anyway, I love my carbine, right? It's about the same price as the Magtech .45ACP I also bought.
When I told the guys if they have cleaner burning carbine ammo than PRVI and S&B those two guys looked at me like: "What the he,l is he talking about, it's a very old rifle, so it needs a lot of cleaning and carressing: what the heck. And tjey are RIGHT!" Treat this old warhorse with respect and clean it as much as possible. It worked hard in WWII, Korea and Vietnam, so it deserves to go like some kind of gun-sauna, right?
Need to start with reloading though, ammo brass gets more and more expensive each year........about 15 years ago a box of CCI .22LR was 2,50 euro, now it is already 4,50 euro's (and rising).....
What scores do you get with your carbine at 50 meters compared to my standard 25meters official KNSA paper target? Where do you aim and how did you adjust your sight? You're shooting prone at 50mtrs right, whereas I can only shoot standing and kneeling at our inhouse range. With the standing position I have most problems......much worse than this, that is where the gunnery Sgt. is quickly cathing up with me, need to improve on the standing position, but how?
- I am already following an US army training video with right elbow way up
- I'm using the hasty sling, well adjusted
- I breathe correctly
- Feet standing apart correctly
- Natural firing position (check with eyes closed and then opening) perfect on target
- Good trigger pull

All, tips are welcome here. Please help because I really want to win the club match this year! I'll have to improve myself, not the rifle, to win.....Maybe shoot even more than 2x per week?

I also asked the son of the shop owner for advice, This guy kniws his stuff, he's an upper grade "amurier" from the Liege armorer school (where FN Herstal is situated). He told me that for example that recrowning is a very tricky job that must only be done when absolutely necessary. And believe me, this guy knows his stuff. If you see those hi-tech ultra heavy rifles he's building for the Dutch southern shooting guilds that shoot enormous large heavy lead balls with it (they call it "bullkes")......wow man, you then know what I mean.....

So....improvement has to come from myself, not the rifle (come on, its only 25 yds......)

-------------

Date Posted: Jul 28 2016 at 3:40pm
Hi from Luxembourg!
I am afraid I am not the right person to ask when it comes to shooting technique. I am sure you do already a lot better than me.
My best result, on the same targets as you use, on 50m is a 94 out of 100. My average is 90 but last weekend I did not even reach this. It was the first time I was shooting from a shooting table and somehow I was not able to find a good shooting position. Best result in last weekend's match was 297 out of 300 (10 shots within 5 min, 10 shots within 4 min and the last series of 10 within 3 min). That's the guy you should talk to :-) But I don't know him.

19 Euro for 50 rounds of Partizan is not too bad. I have bought 750 rounds at a price of 18Eur per 50 rounds last year and was very happy. Now the S&B is around 22 Euro and the Remington just under 25 Euro.

And about the misfeeds I have to agree with the other forum member. Mostly it comes from the mag. Check the spring, it is quite surprising how often you will find the spring installed the wrong way within the mag body.

Posted By: Wrdsmth
Date Posted: Jul 28 2016 at 7:19pm
Hopefully you've seen this: http://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads/CarbineNotes.pdf

After accomplishing all that advice, and trying some different ammunition, you've done about all you can without upgrading to a better barrel (like a Criterion unit from Fulton Armory).

-------------
Writer, Hot Rodder, Racer, Life Enthusiast

Date Posted: Jul 29 2016 at 2:55am
Thanks for all this info, especially the tuning guide. I definately agree that misfeeds are often caused by the magazine. I have 1 old type magazine and a newer replica: only the old one cycles well and the newer one often gives a misfeed. I'll check the spring.

@aschaefere: you shoot benchrest rand prone right? The result I put above here was shot by me in the kneeling position.

Criterion barrel from Fulton Armory: very interesting.

-------------

Date Posted: Jul 29 2016 at 11:00am
No benchrest, only prone.
In our matches nothing but shooting gloves is allowed.

Date Posted: Jul 29 2016 at 2:46pm
In our veteran service rifle no gloves nor suits are allowed, you can only use the original sling for support in standing and kneeling position.

-------------

Date Posted: Jul 29 2016 at 9:27pm
Typically guys complain of the carbine shooting high at 25 yards. I believe the consensus is that the bullet is still rising and not fully stabilized.
Have you had this issue?

Date Posted: Jul 30 2016 at 3:04am
I don't believe having this issue, but remeber that I set the sights at its minimum, which is 100yds and aim for the bottom of the black circle of the target, to have a more accurate sight picture. But I saw what you say in the bullet drop trajectories.

-------------

Date Posted: Sep 13 2016 at 4:48pm
Nice evening out with the carbine again, what a lovely nice rifle to shoot. It was about 30 degrees (Centigrade) hot so the ammo went a little faster (and higher)......
Still some fly-offs......need to train more. This was 25 meters in the kneeled (my favorite) position.

-------------

Date Posted: Sep 13 2016 at 5:21pm
Nice Shooting...Were you using a 10 Round mag after getting your sight settings correct ? Those 10 Round Holes in the center looks like you dialed it in just right.

Note: Maybe theres 9 holes, but could of had repeat shot

-------------
Frank

Date Posted: Sep 14 2016 at 3:51am
I was using a 10 round mag, the old SI one, that works best, the other one I have (new) often gives misfeeds. I always load only 5 shots.
Still figuring out why I have a fly-off now and then......must be something moving unpredicted somewhere....or....it's just me getting older and shaking more.
The ones in the center were the ones after dialing in correctly. I also know that the carbine needs to cool down after each 5 shots otherwise it the group starts to spread out a bit.
It is actually 10 shots, the one top right in the bullseye are actually 2.

-------------

Date Posted: Sep 14 2016 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by patrickduis patrickduis wrote:

I was using a 10 round mag, the old SI one, that works best, the other one I have (new) often gives misfeeds. I always load only 5 shots.
Still figuring out why I have a fly-off now and then......must be something moving unpredicted somewhere....or....it's just me getting older and shaking more.
The ones in the center were the ones after dialing in correctly. I also know that the carbine needs to cool down after each 5 shots otherwise it the group starts to spread out a bit.
It is actually 10 shots, the one top right in the bullseye are actually 2.

It should be cooling off if your loading only 5 rounds at a time. It could be your ammo. I shoot 15 sometimes 30 round mags and yes it gets hot. It also depends how rapid your Shooting it. Shaking and pulling will give you fly offs. When I target shoot with a 15 I slow down my shooting for accuracy. Just keep squeezing and don't shoot for accuracy after your barrel is real hot. Also the distance could be a problem. Was this indoor or outdoor shooting. You will get better cooling outdoors.

-------------
Frank

Date Posted: Sep 15 2016 at 3:29am
This was indoors and it was a really hot day, about 30 degrees C in our cellar (sweat was running from my back into my underpants). I also noticed the PRVI ammo burned a bit faster, had to aim a slight bit lower than normal.

Next months it will be much colder in Holland since autumn starts, then I'll test again. I don't recall having so many misfeeds before as on this hot day.

-------------

Date Posted: Oct 17 2016 at 3:59pm
Tonight was out .30M1 club match....I hope my kneeled score (see pic) will be sufficient and compensate for my standing one with the flyer to 7.....(my fault, not the carbines..)...I'm still no master at standing....but still improving, that's most important....

-------------

Date Posted: Nov 15 2016 at 4:23pm
Had another nice everning at the range with the IBM......I noticed it groups better when you blow though the barrel after a round of 5 shots......getting there....stil 1st place with .30M1 in our clubmatch. Still a few clicks clockwise on the windage and we're there.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 09 2017 at 5:49pm
Finished 2nd (only 1 point behind the winner, he beat me in the last match) in the .30M1 club competition this year.........I'm starting with handloading now, so all tips & info is welcome. I want to use 110gr FMJ RN bullets with Vihtavouri N110 powder.

-------------

Posted By: 1st M1 88
Date Posted: Jan 09 2017 at 6:33pm
Nice shooting.  Congratulations

Date Posted: Jan 10 2017 at 1:03am
Congrats! Beer

Date Posted: Sep 04 2017 at 4:01pm
Our .30m1 club competition is hot again this year, and the same guy that beat met last year with only 1 point is on my tail, but has problems with his reloads. I reload now with 13.3grs Vihtavuori N110 with a 110grs FMJ and it starts to pay off. Still ranking one, but since this evening I'm a bit "loose" from him because a shot a 199 out of 200! This will be a tough one to beat for him!

-------------

Posted By: David Albert
Date Posted: Sep 04 2017 at 7:15pm
Very nice shooting!

Is the match all shot at 25 meters?

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

-------------
NRA Life Member
Past Pres., The American Thompson Association
Amer. Society of Arms Collectors
OGCA/TCA/Carbine Club/GCA/IAA
SAR Writer
Author - The Many Firearm Designs of Eugene Reising
Eagle Scout

Posted By: sling00
Date Posted: Sep 04 2017 at 8:08pm
Good shooting!  We're cheering for you.

Date Posted: Sep 04 2017 at 8:12pm
Yes, 25m 10 standing and 10 kneeled........our carbines are getting old and get their small diseases now and then you need to fix....so it's quite a challenge to shoot matches with a rifle of about 80 years old.........But that's what's so nice, everybody has exactly the same type of rifle, so not the guy with most money wins (like with lots of long distance target shooting). The one that cares for his old little rifle best does, as well as the guy that feeds it the right ammo.

-------------

Posted By: sfal7418
Date Posted: Sep 13 2017 at 9:20am
When setting up your breathing.....take a breath...let a little out ....the muzzle wil rise and fall.....you want the front sight to be on aiming point as you finish letting out a little breath.....if its high or low adjust breath again until it stops where you want it......then squeeze trigger and hold it to the rear......after shot ...repeat set up again for next shot....and so on

Posted By: sfal7418
Date Posted: Sep 13 2017 at 9:21am
This applies no matter what position you are in

Also forgot....part of follow thru and recovery....after recoil and you are holing trigger to the rear....the front sight will come back down....look at front sight.... (2sight pictures for. Ea rd)....then release trigger and apply fundamentals for next rd

Date Posted: Sep 13 2017 at 9:51am
Yes, that are the things (I think) I do right, but there are always steps for improvement of course and it takes continuous practice, this rifle shooting, if you let go for a few weeks you see that your scores go down a bit. Rifle shooting looks much easier than it really is, but that's what I like about it, it is tough but very nice to do.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 18 2017 at 6:33am
Tomorrow is the last .30m1 match of the year, the guy that beat me last year by just 1 point is on my tail again, but now 15 points behind me.
There are also 2 guys competing for 3rd place. So it is again a very nice match, until the end.
Wish me luck this year!

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 18 2017 at 8:56am
Good luck!  May your hands be steady and your aim be true.  Let us know how you do.

Posted By: W5USMC
Date Posted: Dec 18 2017 at 10:29am
Good Luck, will be waiting to hear the results of the match. Merry Christmas.

-------------
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member

Date Posted: Jan 16 2018 at 4:37pm
Thanks for you all wishing me luck, it worked!
This year I finished 1st place in the .30m1 club match. It was a tough fight with the guy on 2nd place (that beat me last year in the last match with only 1 point). Last year I really trained hard, started reloading for the .30 carbine and also went a lot to the gym (bloodpressure was too high, doctor told me to lose some weight). That all payed itself off and I'm really proud that I beat the guy in 2nd place by a fair amount of points.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 16 2018 at 5:59pm
Congratulations!  In addition to 1st Place overall it looks like you were top score in every round.   Makes me proud to "know" somebody that can shoot that good.   Most excellent!

Posted By: 1st M1 88
Date Posted: Jan 16 2018 at 8:53pm
Congratulations. Very good shooting.

Posted By: David Albert
Date Posted: Jan 16 2018 at 8:59pm
Patrick,

You put a lot of effort into it, and it has paid off. Congratulations!

Looks like you have a pretty good league of shooters. Very good to see that occurring in Europe.

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

-------------
NRA Life Member
Past Pres., The American Thompson Association
Amer. Society of Arms Collectors
OGCA/TCA/Carbine Club/GCA/IAA
SAR Writer
Author - The Many Firearm Designs of Eugene Reising
Eagle Scout

Date Posted: Jan 17 2018 at 9:22am
Very Nice, Congratulations!

-------------
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member

Date Posted: Jan 29 2018 at 5:09am
Thanks guys. Yeah, it took some time to promote it but the popularity of the .30m1 is increasing. Also lots of respect to our new female shooter Lieke that finished 6th but she improves every month.
There is also a new shooter that is member of the club now for 1 year, and according to the Dutch strict weapons laws he can now also shoot all other stuff than the .22lr.
I trained him well and he finished 2nd in the .22lr small calibre pistol match this year and it was for the 1st time that a new novice shooter finished in the top 3 ever.
I already let him shoot my carbine and he is very anxious to start with our 3 club carbines (Inlands) he is allowed to shoot now (but not posess). He is now 1 year member of the club and can now apply for his 1st .22lr gun, either a pistol or a bolt-action rifle. Then, after 1 year more, he is allowed a semi auto. The laws are strict here and most of these rules came because of shooting incidents with illegal weapons. We keep our fingers crossed over here because every year we get something new. Now the new idea is, that every shooter must answer psychological questions on a website every year, and according to your answers you will have your permit prolonged or revoked.........strange country we live in, where illegal weapons swarm our country from the East of Europe while the licenced shooters with licensed weapons that do everything by the book and law get stricter rules every year. What is also annoying, is the max. of 5 weapons over here. We are very jealous of the rules you have in your country.

-------------

Date Posted: Jan 29 2018 at 5:29am
It's great to hear how the popularity is growing and your involvement to mentor the new and young members. This is really interesting about your gun laws.  We are very fortunate in the US to not have as stringent restrictions.  It is worrying to think that only criminals will have guns.  

Date Posted: Jan 31 2018 at 5:07am
Yesterday the guys at the club had a new idea, instead of the standard tuesday evening "service pistol" match we did the "service carbine" match with .30m1's.......The people that use prvi factory ammo complained a bit that it is too costly for them (a box of 50 prvi rounds costs about 22 euro's) so I think it will be a 1 time only, but it was a lot of fun.
Speed shooting is not my thing, I was on the other range shooting a 191 score (damn, 2 8ths and some 9's) with my trusty I.B.M.

-------------

Date Posted: Mar 28 2018 at 2:48am
Shot a pretty nice score kneeled yesterday evening, unfortunately the standing position gave a flyer to an 8 and a few 9's......so that's why the total was only 193/200. But on a good day I will have the 200 in my grasp......training, training, more training.......And it is fun to shoot the carbine, let that be the most important! The load of 13.3grs N110 behind a 110grs FMJ seems to be ok for my barrel though....I'm still astonished what such an old little carbine can do.....

-------------

Date Posted: Mar 28 2018 at 6:08am
Outstanding!  Just wondering what distance are you shooting?

Date Posted: Mar 28 2018 at 6:24am
This is quite close, only 25m. But our range is, unfortunately, not longer. There was a part available in the hall above our cellar-range that was -almost- 50m...........but incl. the bullet trap and the shooting stands it would only be 40m whereas official matches are held at 25-50-100m.

I would love to shoot at larger distances, but those ranges are very scarce in Holland and when you find them, they are overcrowded. I'm already on a waiting list for 1 year to apply for a range like that.

-------------

Date Posted: Mar 28 2018 at 12:13pm
That's a great grouping.  Thanks for the info.

Date Posted: Jan 11 2019 at 6:41am
Yess... 2018 competition also in the pocket! Victory is sweet. On the 20th the prizes will be handed out during our new years reception.

-------------

Posted By: BER911
Date Posted: Jan 11 2019 at 8:34am
Outstanding shooting Patrick!  Congratulations on your overall victory. Smile

-------------
Semper Fi, Bruce

Posted By: Charles
Date Posted: Jan 11 2019 at 9:15am
Patric,
If you have a new barrel installed, be sure to have a type 111 barrel band installed as well. They are known to improve accuracy.

-------------
Charles
Co B 1st Batl.115 Inf. Reg.
29th. Divi.
4.2 Heavy Mortar Co Retired
Life member NRA

Date Posted: Jan 11 2019 at 9:21am
Congratulations, 2 years in a row now, very nice. Keep up the great shooting.

-------------
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member

Date Posted: Jan 11 2019 at 3:47pm
Great shooting! Congratulations again.

Posted By: m1a1fan
Date Posted: Jan 11 2019 at 8:20pm
Once again, great shooting. Congrats!

Date Posted: Jan 14 2019 at 9:49am
Thanks, my .30M1 has a barrel without markings, so I suppose it was already refitted. But I cannot find what company did it. I now that the AI (Artillerie Inrichtingen) refitted many barrels of Dutch .30M1's but when I see those barrels they have clear markings that AI did it. So I suppose the job on my .30M1 was done by a armourer.

-------------

Date Posted: Dec 06 2023 at 8:42am
Yes! Yesterday evening I succeeded in shooting 20x 10 = 200 for the 1st time with this I.B.M. carbine!
10 shots standing and 10 shots kneeled at 25 meters.
I'm currently standing 2nd in ranking, just 10 points below nr. 1....maybe I can still catch up this year....

-------------

Posted By: Smokpole
Date Posted: Dec 07 2023 at 4:44pm
I have one question....do you blacken the front sight before the match? If you don't but it is allowed, try doing it. It makes the sight stand out better against the target.

-------------
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member

Date Posted: Dec 08 2023 at 2:41am
Of course, I always blacken the sight. Very important!

And what is also -very- important with a M1 carbine: every 5 shots: re-tighten the barrel-band and the nut of the recoil plate. I often find them with fellow shooters to be a bit loose, causing a wandering zero of the carbine.

And accurate reloading tuned to the specific carbine. Way more accurate ammo than the standard factory PRVI .30 carbine most other shooters in the Netherlands use.

-------------

Posted By: Smokpole
Date Posted: Dec 08 2023 at 6:38pm
Sounds like you have all the bases covered!

-------------
OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member

Date Posted: Jan 10 2024 at 3:47am
It was a nice M1 carbine competition this year. In 2022 my carbine buddy Marc had extensive surgery in his right shoulder, so out of sportmanship I didn't participate in the competition.
This year Marc slowly recovered and started shooting the M1 carbine again. At about october he was top in the competition and I thought....well let's participate and see what happens.....
Slowly but surely I was able to catch up with his scores and at the end he knew that he had to start defending his position.
It all came down to the last match before the end of the year. I was able to come close in just 3 months time......
I congratulate Marc with this achievement after his recovery with winning this competition.
What a beautiful competition it is: everybody uses the same rifle, so not the guy with the most money wins....
This is an indoors competition on our 25m pistol range. 10 shots standing position, 10 shots kneeled position. And then the total points of the 10 best scores.
Looking forward to this year!
(other names except mine blacked out because of privacy reasons)

-------------

Posted By: Matt_X
Date Posted: Jan 14 2024 at 5:22pm
Thanks for sharing.  It looks like both of you and a couple of others were pretty consistant.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net