The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Safety/ Accuracy/Shooting/Ammunition/Care and Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ok, what's you average useage for your Carbines?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ok, what's you average useage for your Carbines?
    Posted: Jul 02 2020 at 12:02pm
I own 4, all either new or with new barrels on them. I've been using 1 as my full time shooter since I had Fulton Armory rebuild it, averaging 100 rounds a month. since the beginning of the year.

My "Howa" Made in Japan Carbine that evidently was based on a USGI Winchester receiver.

I had FA install a new barrel and bolt, they swapped the worn hammer for a new one and installed new springs all the way around. My round log shows 1000 rounds this year with another 500-800 planned the rest of the year.

I'm thinking this Carbine will see 500-1000 rounds a year for the next few years as I use it as my main "plinker" Any see any issues I should keep a eye on?
Ricci1165 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricci1165 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2020 at 12:46pm
Good question.....

Out of all my USGI carbines, I occasionally fire one of my CMP Inlands. I've been shooting my AO which runs 100% after tweaking it. I'm running close to several hundred a month right now and it doesn't miss a beat with FMJ ( Brass or steel) and RNSP.....I'm using Korean KCI 15 round mags with Wolff XP springs. The original KCI springs did not have enough strength for the last round to lift high enough for the bolt to pick up, so the bolt would ride over..... I've been experimenting with this platform in an "IDF" style sling and running it.....so far, so good.
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2020 at 2:23pm
I shoot my 30-calibers rather sparingly. When I want to play, I play for not much above 22LR cost and even less when 22LR was 10-12 cents a round. 9MM Luger, 16-inch barrel, hardened with USGI guts, relatively quite, fun and economical to shoot and takes care of any varmint dispatching requirements around the place. Probably 500-rounds a year.

David Milisock View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Milisock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2020 at 2:46pm
It depends, two carbines no less then 1,000 rounds so far in 2020
David Milisock
68coupe View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68coupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2020 at 1:19am
Gonna go down dramatically when I pick up my GSG MP40 on Tuesday. Fun factor will be about the same at less than half the cost in ammo. I've been shooting about every two weeks, about 100rd per range trip.
Karl, 68 coupe
NPM, 43
Universal, 80
Kahr 1827-A1 Thompson 2019
SA M1 Garand 42
AO 1911A1
Taurus PT1911
Beretta M92(compact)
 Post Reply Post Reply