Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Parts Markings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NPM correct slide

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richg072 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NPM correct slide
    Posted: Oct 02 2017 at 10:06am
Finding conflicting info on the correct slide for NPM 408.... serial carbine. I'm seeing type III but I'm also seeing NPM variant. I can't get to my back issues as they are buried.
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2017 at 11:42am
What you are going to find when you read the NPM update is that NPM produced some serial ranges out of sequence. 4.08 to 4.29 being one of those groups making it near the end of production.
Barrel if dated helps. NPM had numbers on the side of receiver
If 17 I would say maybe transitional
If 21 or 22 I would say type 3
richg072 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richg072 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2017 at 11:49am
It's marlin undated barrel. Will have to check the receiver for the numbers
richg072 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richg072 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2017 at 3:40pm
@newbrass.  It has 17 on the receiver, so you think the Variant slide then?   Confused
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2017 at 7:08pm
I am looking into it further. Just so everyone understands, NPM has a type 2 E169, transitional E369, and a type 4 E379
Transitional was round cut but had long arm joint (9/16)

Rich, If you have Newsletter I would suggest looking through COM index at NPMs before and after yours based on production sequence. It may be in 125/126 or another. Check the indexes 
As a announcement  at the top of all forum sections is a thread "CCNL back issues available. Most common places to look are listed in that thread and I believe a link to the indexes, which are located in the data sheet section.

Post Reply Post Reply