The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > Post Reply
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply - IBM carbine - reparkerized or original?

Name:

Emoticons
Smile Tongue Wink
Cry Big smile LOL
Dead Embarrassed Confused
Clap Angry Ouch
Star Shocked Sleepy
more...
   NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Powered by Web Wiz CAPTCHA version 4.04 wwf
Copyright ©2005-2013 Web Wiz
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.

Topic - IBM carbine - reparkerized or original?
Posted: Dec 08 2019 at 2:08pm By KiwiMike
Hi

Thanks for the link to the carbines issued to Germany after the war.

The marking on the trigger guard are exactly those of the Wurttemburg-Baden, Stadtkreis, Mannheim Police, and the finish on the woodwork also matches the finish description on the other ex-German issued Carbines included on that website as well.

So that answers my questions about the re-finish of the metal work and the woodwork, as well as identifying what happened to the IBM Carbine in the years after the war.  I do not know when it came to New Zealand though.

I note that I did not find any other markings on my Carbine from its time Germany, as some other of the carbines appear to have received.

Question - on the handguard there was a '10' stamped into the woodwork on the inside - is that what identifies the hand guard as being made by Inland?  

I also found a '10' stamped on the tapered part of the stock where the sling goes into the buttstock (the '10' does not show clearly in the photos due to the shiny finish on the stock and the number having being partially filled by the re-finish substance).

Many thanks for the information and guidance.

Regards
Mike

(Smokpole - No, I'm not from Christchurch)

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.