Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New National Postal Meter M1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ewallover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2016 at 6:56am
Nothing more will be done from this point forward in regard to the wood. I will still pursue the identification of the components and treat this piece as a special M1, as you all have lead me to believe. It still has sparked a real appreciation of this historic firearm.  As I have said in my earliest comments, I never intended to do any harm to the firearm, and not to be contrary to opinions of folks far more learned about the little M1 than me, I have to be the one happy with the gun and I am.  It will be staying in the family as my youngest son has already put his name on it but I'm not dead yet... he will just have to wait... It is a fine example of a NPM carbine and I will keep it that way.  Every dent, ding and stamp is still there and I will be vigilant to make sure that no further decay occurs.  
ewallover View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ewallover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2016 at 4:25pm

Has anyone ever seen an alignment like this between a barrel and a receiver?  The front sight looks to be dead on, but with this???  Still trying to get this gun to the range to shoot.  Now that deer season is over, the local state run range may actually be accessible... that's if my wife does not find something else for me to do...
imntxs564 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imntxs564 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2016 at 4:35pm
You need to go shoot it and Sight it in and see how its holds. What's ever on your Carbine that you can't change like that picture don't worry about it Just find out how it Shoots and if it holds your POA.
Frank

ewallover View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewallover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2016 at 4:44pm
Will do!  Thumbs Up
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2016 at 6:24pm
Not bragging, but I am so glad that I live on my own range. My only problem is when the wife tells me I have to police the brass from around the back porch. Bless her heart, she came in one day with a double handful of 22LR brass she had picked-up out of the yard. I didn't have the heart to tell her I didn't reload 22.

SHOOT THAT THING B4 U WEAR IT OUT LOOKING AT IT!LOL
ewallover View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewallover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2016 at 6:34pm
LOL!
imntxs564 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imntxs564 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2016 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by floydthecat floydthecat wrote:

Not bragging, but I am so glad that I live on my own range.

Oh! Not bragging Huh...You lucky Dog. I have a Creek behind the neighborhood. My Ranch is 21/2 hrs from here...and the P&R Club is a 30 min. drive. I would love to have a range in my backyard. Oh, also I agree...SHOOT IT ALREADY before you take it apart some more and a Spring goes shooting across the room. Then we will never know how it Shoots.
Frank

ewallover View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ewallover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2016 at 7:17pm
LOL, love it... I promise I will not take it down again until I shoot it!
ewallover View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewallover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2016 at 12:04am
My updated Data Sheet:

Still a few holes in and around the bolt and the trigger, but I'm working on it. Holidays and work keep getting in the way....
ewallover View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewallover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2016 at 9:01am
Oops, I forgot to transfer the non active boxes on the form. I'll correct and repost shortly. As you know, not all of the check box locations are active in the PDF.
ewallover View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewallover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2016 at 3:35pm

This is the fully updated Data Sheet. Still a few holes.
heckinohio View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heckinohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2016 at 9:22am
Marlin barrels........I probably have less experience w/Marlin barrels that other posters here.  I have only been exposed to 3 (Garand 2, Carbine 1) and all were in poor condition inside.  Do all Marlins tend to be of a poorer quality than other mfgrs.???

I am currently considering an early, non-rebuild NPM gun that has an Inland barrel..  Apparently there is considerable question about NPMs use (if ever) of Inlands barrels.  I have posted the question on this site.......

By the way, my wife would be more upset that we havnt tried it out than anything else.......her maiden name is Underwood.......we have two late Underwoods, one has the M-2 set up.  We have 100 acres, 42 head of beefs and 3 ranges.  One is above a pond that we float machine gun targets in.

PJH

Short ranges, 150 ft in front of Donna 200ft off to the right.

Only photo I could find of range area above the pond above which I am shooting.  It faces west, other two are east facing.
There are no bad guns!!!
ewallover View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewallover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2016 at 7:19pm
Fired the rifle this morning. 75 rounds, 3 - 15 round magazines, 1 - 30 round mag. 15 rounders ran perfectly, 2 failures to feed with the 30. The rifle shoots just fine. I was not able to take my time and accurately work up the sighting in process as I was perched on a Caldwell bag at a pistol range. The gun ran fine and with a little more time I think it will be far more accurate than this morning's results. But I'm very pleased, it on paper and I think it will group just fine with better ammo (I shot Armscor 110 grain ball).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456