The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New member from Spain

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diego5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member from Spain
    Posted: Mar 10 2017 at 2:42pm
Hello,

Thank you for letting me join this forum.

I am writing from Bilbao, Northern Spain. First of all, I think I have to apologize for my English. I try hard but I think I still keep kicking your language.

I am 55 years old chap and always keen in Second World War and weapons.

i have to say in Spain is not easy to obtain a licence for a firearm, or not as easy as in the States. Well the ting is that last year i found some time to obtain the licence and bought an ERMA M1 carbine that I am delighted with.

Last month I bought the proper thing, the M1 that I like so much since I was a young boy.

It is an Inland number 365497. All I know about it is that it shoots quite well, and I am delighted with it.

Let me post some pictures to show it.

I will appreciate whatever information you can provide to me. 

Diego5
David Albert View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Status Quo Challenger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2017 at 2:46pm
Diego5,

Bienvenido!

David
NRA Life Member
Past Pres., The American Thompson Association
Amer. Society of Arms Collectors
OGCA/TCA/Carbine Club/GCA/IAA
SAR Writer
Author - The Many Firearm Designs of Eugene Reising
Eagle Scout
Diego5 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diego5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2017 at 2:54pm
Diego5,

Bienvenido! 

David

My English is getting better!!

Smile

Thank you David.
Diego5
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2017 at 3:33pm
Welcome to the forum!  I think your English is great.  "Mucho mejor" than my Spanish which I took in high school over 40 years ago.  Actually me being from East Tennessee there are some who would say your English is better than mine.  :)  

This is a great place to find out about your carbines and get some really good help when needed.  I see you have mastered posting pictures so you are ready to go.

Best regards
1st M1 88 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st M1 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2017 at 5:45pm
nice looking carbine
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2017 at 6:43pm
Bienvenido a los foros. Mis Familiares vienen de Galicia antes de ser una ciudad turistica
patrickduis View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickduis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2017 at 2:33am
Greetings from Holland, nice carbine you have there, what brand of ammo do you shoot with it?
Various Inlands, Underwoods, I.B.M.s and an NPM
NVBIW, NVWHT, NVBMB, KNSA member
Conservator Military Historical Museum Achtmaal U.S. 104th I.D. Timberwolves
www.militairhistorischmuseumachtmaal.nl
rapidfireman View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rapidfireman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2017 at 12:48pm
Hola Diego,  Me llamo David y vivo en el sur del estado de Arizona, frontera con Mexico.  Tengo una coleccion de 15 carabinas M1, todos hechos por varios manufactureros desde 1942 a 1945.  El numero de serie de su Inland queda en el primer bloque fabricado, tarde 1942 o temprano 1943.  Inland, Division de General Motors, hizo mas de 2,084,000 ejemplos, o sea mas de cualquier otra contratista.  Su carabina es muy bonita y bien conservada.  Hay mucha informacion disponible en el Internet sobre estas armas.  Saludos para Usted y los suyos en Bilbao. Su ingles es estupendo comparado con mi pobre espanol.
I appreciate all commentary.
Diego5 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diego5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2017 at 2:28pm
Thank you everybody for the warm welcome.

I appreciate some of you try to answer me in Spanish, it makes me feel at home. Having said that, I think itis better to use the English language. You americans, have also to feel at home on your own forum; and I train my English whis is very benefitial to me.
Diego5
Diego5 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diego5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2017 at 2:33pm
Patrick, thank you for your interest.

When I bought the carbine, 3 boxes of ammo were included in the price; Remington:

Diego5
Diego5 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diego5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2017 at 2:37pm
No idea if they are top range or in the bottom. These are the only cal .30 I have shot.

I think they are good, or good enoygh for my shooting camp. Below a picture of 8 shot to target, disntance 150 ft
Diego5
patrickduis View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickduis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2017 at 3:23pm
Nice shooting. What position did you use? Standing?
Various Inlands, Underwoods, I.B.M.s and an NPM
NVBIW, NVWHT, NVBMB, KNSA member
Conservator Military Historical Museum Achtmaal U.S. 104th I.D. Timberwolves
www.militairhistorischmuseumachtmaal.nl
BEBIII View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BEBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2017 at 4:20pm
Welcome...nice carbine! I think you'll like it here. Lots of knowledgeable good people who are willing to help.
HCSO249 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HCSO249 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 19 2017 at 7:09am
Looks like you've got a good shooter brother!  Nice center grouping of shots.  Thumbs Up
Fortune Favors the Foolish
 Post Reply Post Reply