The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New member from over the pond

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote French addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member from over the pond
    Posted: Apr 09 2021 at 5:32am
Hello,
I had been lurking around this forum for some time now, and I decided that it was time to join in.
I've been collecting different items from WW2 since 20 years, and I fell in love with the war baby of course. I own a few of them now.
I am from France (Paris).
101Abn View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 101Abn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2021 at 5:47am
Welcome!!
Donnie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2021 at 9:50am
Enchante! Its always delightful to see fellow military firearm, and particularly M1 Carbine, collectors from around the globe. I have learned much from the folks here and you will too. We welcome carbine photos and stories. Smile
Bungalow Bill View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bungalow Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2021 at 1:46pm
Bienvenue. 
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 09 2021 at 3:07pm
Hi and welcome to the forum from New Mexico, USA!

Tell us more about your carbines.
JackP
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2021 at 7:36am
Originally posted by Donnie Donnie wrote:

Enchante! Its always delightful to see fellow military firearm, and particularly M1 Carbine, collectors from around the globe. I have learned much from the folks here and you will too. We welcome carbine photos and stories. Smile

Hear hear!

Welcome to the forum.
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2021 at 8:11am
Welcome! So how is carbine collecting in Paris? Is it difficult with the government? Do you shoot them? I'd imagine there are some nice untouched examples around yet left behind without rebuild.
French addict View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote French addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2021 at 8:26am
Thanks for your welcome.

We have strict gun laws in France (gun laws in Europe are totally different for each country). Let's say that the french law evolved these passed years in favor of old military guns collectors. The status of these guns went from strictly restricted (gun licence + special permit valid 5 years) to a little more liberal (gun licence only but the gun must be modified to non semi auto). It remains complicated nevertheless. There is no comparison possible between Europe and the US on this point.... but on the other side, the gun crime rate in Europe is very low.

Yes, I shoot them (even if my range is closed since september due to the Covid epidemic).

Yes, sometimes untouched sleeping beauties emerge, but it becomes more and more exceptionnal (time goes by...).
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2021 at 9:09am
Is the non semi-auto mod done by welding the gas piston/cylinder then?
Superdort View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superdort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2021 at 9:15am
Welcome to the forum from the south of the Netherlands.
French addict View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote French addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2021 at 9:19am
Exactly. This modification must be definitive.

There are two other possibilities:

-you can still have a semi-auto limited to 3 shots (2 in the mag + 1 in the chamber) with your gun licence. This means that the trigger housing group and the mag are welded to the receiver, and you cannont take your gun apart. I'd rather have a non semi-auto in this case IMHO.
- you can have a "normal" M1 (semi auto - detachable 15 shots mag), but you need to have your gun licence and a special permit valid 5 years (with background check, recommendation letter from the president of your shooting range..Etc...). This is not impossible. All hand guns are submited to this.
PLN-TAP-7 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLN-TAP-7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2021 at 12:39pm
Bienvenue.
RClark9595 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RClark9595 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2021 at 5:01am
That is ugly, and is what we are heading for if we don't stand up and stop it, we have depended upon the 2nd amendment to the Bill of Rights to protect us from gun grabbers for a long time, but it is taking a lot of hits, more so lately.
Currently Nevada wants to outlaw 'kit guns' called ghost guns, Americans have been making their own guns since before the revolution, the Kentucky long rifle was not a British gun. But somehow Nevada thinks this ban will make things better, (for whom) what about, "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". Plainly put, the federal and state governments do not have a right to make laws against the peoples right to own arms.
I wish we would quit electing people to office who can't read.
Ron

USAF 4535 CCTS
F4 Combat Crew Training
Vietnam era Vet.
 Post Reply Post Reply