The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Member From NE Georgia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackford Oakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member From NE Georgia
    Posted: Dec 04 2016 at 8:06pm
Good evening, gents.  I wanted to stop by for a quick introduction.

I am a new M1 Carbine collector from NE Georgia.  I have always had an interest in the carbine since my grandfather told me he carried one in WWII and Korea as an officer with the Signal Corps.  After my son was born (named him after said grandfather) I thought, “What better first rifle for my boy when he gets of age than an M1 Carbine?”  We found a local collector who was selling an early 3.12 serial Saginaw SG mix master with a sub 2 ME, so we picked it up!  Tomorrow I am bringing home a 6 million serial Underwood arsenal rework to keep for myself.  I will be posting detailed photos of both rifles and their components soon.

Anyway, I have been lurking around this forum and website for several months gathering information.  I am also very interested in CMP’s 1911s that they may or may not be able to release depending on the NDAA passing, so I also have been looking for a CMP affiliated club to join so that I can get that requirement squared away.  Since I already hang out on this site quite a bit, I figured it was the club for me.

Thanks for having me and I look forward to participating and getting to know you guys!

Very best,

BO 
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2016 at 11:18pm
Welcome to the forum.

I love Underwoods. A 6 mil is the only one I do not own
I got a 3.12 S'G' as well!
imntxs564 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imntxs564 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2016 at 11:37pm
Jordan...Welcome to this Forum...This is a Great Site for M1 Carbine Information. You will see some Very Nice Carbines and Meet some Very Cool people with Lots of Knowledge. Have Fun. Happy Shooting.

SF

Frank

hunterman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2016 at 12:04am
Howdy and welcome to the forum. My ancestral home is near Lexington, GA.
Blackford Oakes View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackford Oakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2016 at 8:36pm
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Originally posted by hunterman hunterman wrote:

Howdy and welcome to the forum. My ancestral home is near Lexington, GA.

I’m about 30 minutes from Lexington!
 Post Reply Post Reply