The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Member from Minnesota

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrdsmth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member from Minnesota
    Posted: Jul 01 2016 at 10:00pm
Hello all - I've recently begun gathering up M1 Carbines of all kinds. My friends all enjoy target shooting, and I've borrowed their firearms on various trips to the range. But, once my daughter requested her own .22 and began enjoying plinking, I decided it was time to get my own rifle. I wanted a reliable, lightweight semi-auto with some history (and style). After extensive research, I chose the M1 Carbine to be my focus.
I now have three different versions of the rifle; a nice Standard Products USGI version from 1943, an '80s-era Universal commercial copy, and a spankin' new Fulton "M3" version.

I'm glad to be a member here and am looking forward to contributing where I can. If there are any other enthusiasts in the Twin Cities area, I'd like to connect if possible. I think comparing notes on our rifles in person would be a cool way to spend a few hours some weekend.

Thanks in advance,
Scott
Writer, Hot Rodder, Racer, Life Enthusiast
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2016 at 11:48pm
Welcome Wrdsmith!
love you byline, feel like writing about carbines? We need some fresh writers
Wrdsmth View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrdsmth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 02 2016 at 12:37am
I'm still pretty new to this subject matter. While I wouldn't mind writing about these cool rifles, I'm not adept enough to do so with confidence at this time. I'll keep researching and learning, and when I feel capable, we can discuss it.

If you need some help with something you've written, I'd certainly edit it for you.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2016 at 9:28pm
Welcome! Lots to learn but plenty of time. Takes a long time, IMO, to learn about carbines. Not sure if learning will ever be done but it sure is fun.
Wrdsmth View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrdsmth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2016 at 9:37pm
I'm enjoying the learning process. I have a fair amount of mechanical experience so it's fun to see how these machines function. The history is cool as well. Thanks for the post!
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2016 at 9:44pm
 Post Reply Post Reply