Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion > Commercial Carbines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Fulton Armory M-1 Carbine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Fulton Armory M-1 Carbine
    Posted: Nov 12 2021 at 3:43pm
Fresh from my FFL, waiting for its 1st range trip

This is the 2nd I've bought from Fulton. I was so impressed with the fit and finish on the 1st one 2018 I had to pick up a 2nd one. The one exceeded my expectations so far, surpassing the 1st one in both areas IMO

Picture of the 1st, you can see slight wear on the bolt

Bolt on the 2021 model, looks brand new and unfired.

Inland trigger group, if you look hard you can see the marking in the next photo. IIRR my 1st one has a IBM group

Type IV slide. Looks like a Winchester marked one

I'll get it to the range 1st chance I get and add pictures. Hopefully this weekend, getting over a cold so I might take it easy tomorrow
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2021 at 5:26pm
Looks nice Don, looking forward to hearing how it shoots.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2021 at 7:00pm
+1 looks sharp, nice stock. Went with the type 2 band huh? Looking forward to your range report.
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2021 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by GotSnlB28 GotSnlB28 wrote:

+1 looks sharp, nice stock. Went with the type 2 band huh? Looking forward to your range report.

Yeah, I don't expect to have to fix bayonets anytime soon and I thing the T2 is easy on the barrel when I clean it.

Might be a week or 2 until I can hit the range, their talking rain this weekend Southwest Ohio and I'm just getting over a nasty cold. Next weekend I'm expecting work will hit me with overtime next Saturday with Thanksgiving being the following week and we're only working 3 days (damn beancounters but I can use the money)
Bigheavy31 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigheavy31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2021 at 9:49pm
Looks great- one of the best shooters out there. Like the GI parts usage. T2 band- good compromise on accuracy/looks and I agree a fresh t3 is hard to deal with sometimes. My S’G’ rebuild is a pain to take apart. Let’s see how it shoots when you can sneak out.
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2021 at 5:41pm
Ok, I made a local indoor range that has 100 yard lanes, got 150 rounds down the pipe before I ran my time out

1st 50 rounds, 50 yards benched

1st 25 center mass, dialing the rear sight left. Last 25 rounds this target went "zombieland" head shots

Rear sight dialed to the left. I'm not worried it's that far over right now. I was wearing earmuffs and those throw my aim off. 1st chance I get I'll take it to my normal outdoor range and rezero it.

2nd 50 rounds, testing feed 10 and 15 rounds. No problems there.

20 rounds at 75 yards. Not great but the issue with this indoor range is 75 yards falls between the lighting setup, hard to see.

Last 30 rounds 100 yards. Same issue as 75 yards, lighting is weak IMO and I'm fighting trying to see the front sight.

The good news is it ran like a Swiss watch. The "bad" news is I swear this thing has my forehead zeroed better than I have it zeroed Big smile  Every 6-7 rounds SMACK, right in my forehead.

It's got a Type IV slide on it, my 1st Fulton has a Type V. I'm thinking of trying to swap them out and see what happens. I had a similar issue with my USGI Inlands last year. The 1 I decide is going to get the "safe queen" of my 2 Fulton's gets the Type IV, I'll use the Type V on the "shooter" to save on aspirin Big smile

New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2021 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by DonFlynn DonFlynn wrote:

It's got a Type IV slide on it, my 1st Fulton has a Type V. I'm thinking of trying to swap them out and see what happens. I had a similar issue with my USGI Inlands last year. The 1 I decide is going to get the "safe queen" of my 2 Fulton's gets the Type IV, I'll use the Type V on the "shooter" to save on aspirin Big smile

Yup!
from the parts page on slides

The shape of the deflector lug assisted with the ejection of spent casings. The early shape (left) ejected the casings upwards and sometimes back into the face of the shooter. The design was changed (right) with the introduction of the L379 A slide to eject the casings to the side.
crowtalks View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crowtalks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2021 at 6:37pm
very nice looking rifle
crowtalks
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2021 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by New2brass New2brass wrote:

Originally posted by DonFlynn DonFlynn wrote:

Yup!
from the parts page on slides

The shape of the deflector lug assisted with the ejection of spent casings. The early shape (left) ejected the casings upwards and sometimes back into the face of the shooter. The design was changed (right) with the introduction of the L379 A slide to eject the casings to the side.

I had the same exact problem after Fulton rebuilt both my Inlands 2019/2020. They replaced slides on both and I ended up having to swap them to save my forehead Big smile
Matt_X View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt_X Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2021 at 9:32pm
Doesn't happen often with mine but now I always wear a hat, even if its not sunny or cold...
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 27 2021 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Matt_X Matt_X wrote:

Doesn't happen often with mine but now I always wear a hat, even if its not sunny or cold...

I normally wear one too shooting outdoors, indoors I don't
Smokpole View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokpole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2021 at 11:57am
Don.....the smack between the eyes is caused by the ejector type, not the slide. Try a different type ejector in the bolt and see if that helps.

OGCA Life member
NRA Life member
Ashtabula Rod and Gun Life member
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 28 2021 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Smokpole Smokpole wrote:

Don.....the smack between the eyes is caused by the ejector type, not the slide. Try a different type ejector in the bolt and see if that helps.

Good idea Jim. I need a bolt tool anyway, might order a ejector and that from FA and try that 1st. 

I'm just hoping it warms up enough I can hit the outdoor range (mine is near Wilmington Center, by a lake) and tweak that zero. I need to do that NPM I got back from FA also. I got it up there 3 weeks  ago and froze my fingers trying to zero it. Big smile
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2021 at 7:03pm
 Post Reply Post Reply