Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New addition

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Abel4287 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New addition
    Posted: Jun 23 2022 at 5:44pm
I recently picked up a May ‘41 Springfield Garand # 243139 to go along with my 6-42 Inland # 1652, the Garand was through the CMP so it was the luck of the draw. I was very happy to add a nice early Garand  to go with my Carbine😎
USMC 2111
fchaus View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fchaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2022 at 7:46pm
Sa-Weet! I want one! I assume it was the Rack Grade due to the mismatched upper handgard. How is the bore? The CMP states the rack grade will be "dark and poor". Was that accurate? Give us more info on the rilfe. 

Craig
Craig
Abel4287 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abel4287 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2022 at 8:42pm
It’s was a Field Grade the bore is very good, I just purchased a NOS walnut rear guard to replace the birch that came with it . The Stock is original to the Rifle.
USMC 2111
fchaus View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fchaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2022 at 3:51pm
Forgive my ignorance but the CMP website only has Rack, Expert and drill rifles. Am I looking in the wrong place. I want to get one in the future and want to educate myself about the process.
Craig
Abel4287 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abel4287 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2022 at 4:18pm
I placed my order last September when Field Grades were still available through the COVID  stuff it was really delayed. 
USMC 2111
fchaus View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fchaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2022 at 5:45pm
Oh, Man! Thats a bit of a wait. You are a patient man. Gratz!
Craig
 Post Reply Post Reply