Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My modest family

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote French addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My modest family
    Posted: Apr 10 2021 at 5:16am
Hi,

Here is my little family of War Babies:
from left to rigth, IBM, Rock Ola and 5 Inlands of different generations (the A1 stock is a repro of course, and the M1 is a Headstamped with a barrel changed by SA in 52... for Korea ?)

sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2021 at 7:38am
Nice.  Thanks for sharing the "family" photo.
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2021 at 8:50am
What is the cost of a Carbine in your area?
My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2021 at 9:11am
Very nice. I thought .30 Carbine was a restricted caliber in France?
French addict View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote French addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2021 at 9:13am
It depends on the homogeneity and the marker of the Carbine of course:

a mixed parts Inland (refurbished after 45) is 700€ (about $850)
a full parts Rock Ola is 1.300€ (about $1.500)

our (high) european prices have nothing in common with yours I thinks
tenOCEE View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Knows rear sights!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tenOCEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2021 at 10:28am
Given the Euro to USD conversion that seems more or less equivalent.

Nice group, you have. Thanks for posting.
My sig: Seen an IP or S'G'? Add it to my registry. We'll check consecutives.
https://grandrapids.wufoo.com/forms/zzlnt0519k86xs/
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote French addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2021 at 11:01am
Originally posted by DonFlynn DonFlynn wrote:

For a long time, restrictions used to be based on calibers (not only) for long guns, but the law has changed. .30 carbine is no more restricted as long as the carbine is not semi-auto.
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2021 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by French addict French addict wrote:

Originally posted by DonFlynn DonFlynn wrote:

For a long time, restrictions used to be based on calibers (not only) for long guns, but the law has changed. .30 carbine is no more restricted as long as the carbine is not semi-auto.

So you had to convert all of those to 1 shot? That sucks
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote French addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2021 at 4:47pm
The reloading is manual now and the detachable mags are supposed to be limited to 10 shots (but you can use a regular 15 shots mags if you want... ok this is not really legal Big smile). Nonetheless, I have two of them in original condition with the corresponding 5 years licence, this is enough to have fun at the range, and if I want I can still shoot the others as the manual reloading is very easy, and it spares ammo Wink
DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2021 at 4:57pm

The reloading is manual now and the detachable mags are supposed to be limited to 10 shots (but you can use a regular 15 shots mags if you want... ok this is not really legal Big smile). Nonetheless, I have two of them in original condition with the corresponding 5 years licence, this is enough to have fun at the range, and if I want I can still shoot the others as the manual reloading is very easy, and it spares ammo Wink

Sounds like you have to have a permit for semi auto weapons similar to Americans owning full auto weapons, with a renewal period.

At least you can have 2 of them as issued.
Beezer View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beezer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2021 at 5:12pm
What a lovely family you have.  
pickax View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pickax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2021 at 7:55pm
Your family is wonderful, and not very modest!
I applaud you for acquiring these in a restrictive country, and showing them here.
painter777 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote painter777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 10 2021 at 11:06pm
Frenchy,
1st Welcome to the Forum Handshake

Do you know the history of any of your Carbines ?

Have you heard of the Seller Andre' - Michel who sells as Nenel3 on Ebay here in the US.
I believe they are called Militaria Collectors and this is their Web site:

I have a few packages here from him sent from a few locations: Beaulon, Aussois, Diou and Dompierre Sur Besbre, France. I've seen their listing on a Site called NaturaBuy... I think a French site.
If you've heard or purchased from them, anything you can share ?
Always been curious about where his large surplus stock came from.
Maybe Military or Law Surplus Purchases ?

I also found the business info, but didn't include the phone number or Email address:
Business name:SIAM / + 33 ( 0 ) 607176203

First name:andré-michel

Last name:info@militaria-collectors.com

Address:Siam
BP 10090
Dompierre Sur Besbre
FR

Ch-P777

Living Free because of those that serve.....
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote French addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2021 at 3:41am
Hello Painter,
Unfortunately, I have no background history for my M1. All I know is that:
-The Rock Ola and the Headstamped Inland (with the repro A1 stock) come from military stocks  imported by professional armourers in France (2 differents: one from Lyon and one from the south East of France). The Rock Ola comes from Austria and the Inland from Italy.
- 2 Inland (these with the pouches on the stock) come from a collector who found them out of the professional circuit in France. He told me that one is from an old man who passed away, and was probably a french army gun that was "lost" early in the 50's. No info about the second one.
- the IBM comes from a fellow collector who got it from another old man. No more info.
- the last Inland (my earliest s/n 250.000) comes from a online sale (Naturabuy). It looks as if it has spent a verry long time in an french attic Big smile No doubt that it was very little refurbished (swivel changed, and I changed the recoil plate for a Inland one), but no info either. According to US collectors standards, it is not nice enough, but I love its patina.

I bought a few spares from Nenel3 on Naturabuy (a french auction site for guns). Usually he has many things and is very reactive.... but communication is, let's say, rugged LOL. He only sells spares, no guns. SIAM is his company site. Diou, Dompierre and Beaulon are close, I guess that he just changes the post offices where he sents his parcels.
Donnie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2021 at 9:32am
Wow, impressive family! Most folks on here would salivate over your nice collection. Thanks for sharing your information and experiences from your perspective. 

I have one shooter grade and one collector grade carbine. So I am jealous. Smile
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote French addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2021 at 10:02am
Just for the fun of it.... here are two pics that one of my favorite sellers sent me. This is the last shipment he received in its cleaning phase before being offered on the market.

DonFlynn View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonFlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2021 at 10:10am

Just for the fun of it.... here are two pics that one of my favorite sellers sent me. This is the last shipment he received in its cleaning phase before being offered on the market.

I'll take em Big smileBig smile
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2021 at 10:34am
Sure would love to dig through your "Favorite Seller's" carbines, imagine there are a few gems in there even though they have been upgraded. 
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2021 at 11:43am
Ever come across a French Commando bayonet for the M1 carbine?

Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote French addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2021 at 11:48am
No, never. They are extremely scarce (only 500 made).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>