Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Inland Carbine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Advanced Collector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NewScotlander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2017 at 8:33am
Originally posted by Reichpapers Reichpapers wrote:

Do you think it is wise to remove the rear sight to get a better eye on any previous staking on the sight and base?

No, but if it were mine I would move the rear sight back to it's original location by realigning the stake marks.
NewScotlander View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Advanced Collector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewScotlander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2017 at 10:30am
Can you post a photo of the bottom of the barrel, from the gas cylinder to the breech? I am rereading the old CMP post and would like to take another look at that area.

A clearer picture of the top of the barrel, near the breech, where the "S" and "6" are would also be helpful.
Reichpapers View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reichpapers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 07 2017 at 10:22pm

Do you think it is wise to remove the rear sight to get a better eye on any previous staking on the sight and base?

Originally posted by NewScotlander NewScotlander wrote:

No, but if it were mine I would move the rear sight back to it's original location by realigning the stake marks.

There were stakes on both sides, I'm blind.

Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2017 at 8:48am
Okay, now it all makes sense staking wise. Thanks for posting the latest pictures-they helped clear things up. I was beginning to think a little more that the rear sight was a replacement. Nice carbine!
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reichpapers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2017 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by NewScotlander NewScotlander wrote:

Can you post a photo of the bottom of the barrel, from the gas cylinder to the breech? I am rereading the old CMP post and would like to take another look at that area.

A clearer picture of the top of the barrel, near the breech, where the "S" and "6" are would also be helpful.

Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reichpapers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 08 2017 at 9:34pm
I've heard two terms on a few occasions now concerning my carbine, yet I have no idea what they mean.  
1. What is a transitional Inland?
2. What is an American Swiss Barrel band, or rather its significance?
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reichpapers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2017 at 10:56am
What should I ask for the carbine when selling?  I noticed prices are all over the place, dependent on quite a few factors I assume.  Hopefully it is worth more than I paid Cabelas. :D
patrickduis View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickduis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2017 at 10:59am
Very nice, and also very nice detailed photo's.
Various Inlands, Underwoods, I.B.M.s and an NPM
NVBIW, NVWHT, NVBMB, KNSA member
Conservator Military Historical Museum Achtmaal U.S. 104th I.D. Timberwolves
www.militairhistorischmuseumachtmaal.nl
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2017 at 3:14pm

I've heard two terms on a few occasions now concerning my carbine, yet I have no idea what they mean.  
1. What is a transitional Inland?
2. What is an American Swiss Barrel band, or rather its significance?

Transitional would be where the upgrade of front bands and rear sights took place. Often overlooked as "Upgraded"

American Swiss was a manufacture of some of the front bands. look at your front band. Is it marked PI or AS?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12