Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My first Carbine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rick-1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My first Carbine
    Posted: Nov 09 2019 at 10:50pm
This is the first Carbine I've picked up, and after a lot of work, it's in decent shape.
I was confused about some of the markings on it, but after researching it a bit, it appears to be an Occupation Carbine issued to the Wurttenberg Landspolizei. 
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2019 at 1:16am
Check out those Stag horns, Very Nice!
GotSnlB28 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GotSnlB28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2019 at 7:56am
You did very well for your first one, congrats! It looks very nice. What work did you have to do on it? Refinished?
Rick-1965 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick-1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2019 at 12:46pm
It was in horrible condition when I got it. the stock was marked up and dented, and there wasn't any finish left on it at all, and it was rusty and pitted. I got the pits out and reparked it, and spent hours pulling dents out of the stock and refinishing it.
Donnie View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2019 at 3:59pm
Very nice first carbine and most interesting markings/history. Thanks for sharing it with us.
1st M1 88 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 1st M1 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2019 at 4:23pm
Very nice looking carbine. I think most would be happy to possess.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2019 at 8:24am
Congrats on your fist carbine!

Somewhere on the Bavarian site is a section about your carbine. I know I've seen it, but haven't been able to find it yet.

Edit: Found it.

Bill Ware View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bill Ware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2019 at 5:03pm
Great job cleaning it up!
Bill W.
Rick-1965 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick-1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 11 2019 at 6:02pm
Thanks!!!  That sheds some light on some questions I had about it! 

Appreciate the link!
 Post Reply Post Reply