Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My carbine QHMC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2019 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Smocki Smocki wrote:

hello,

finally we can say that this carbine is 100% authentic at the time.

buttplate is for QHMC

the PO B front sight stands out, but Prestole did make sights for QHMC PO Q. Possible it was mixed in a shipment.

It is an outstanding looking carbine!

Also, moving this post to Carbines of The Collector section where it is better suited.
Smocki View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smocki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2019 at 2:29pm
thank you! 
 what can we say about the wrestling magazine marked SN and the handguard marked TN.  When I have time I will look at: sear, trigger, safety, firing pin and extractor.
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 11 2019 at 2:45pm
The hand guard marked TN made for National Postal Meter may be correct. Records show 5000 transferred to QHMC in March, 1944.

The magazine release marked SN, also for National Postal Meter is not listed in the record of components transferred to QHMC. Perhaps others may know more.
JackP
Smocki View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smocki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2019 at 4:38pm
Good evening, I bought the tool to disassemble.  that's what I 

Smocki View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smocki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2019 at 4:45pm
Charles View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2019 at 9:45am
I am curious as to how the figures on the bottom of the recoil plate transferred to the stock. 
Charles
Co B 1st Batl.115 Inf. Reg.
29th. Divi.
4.2 Heavy Mortar Co Retired
Life member NRA

m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2019 at 11:05am
@Charles - Me too! Ive seen it before, but have no idea how it works.

@OP - Great pics! The bolt tool is a life saver. Could we get a zoomed in picture of wood area where the recoil plate has left a mark on the wood? The mark would be reversed? Backwards? Thanks!

A chance to learn something new from someone in the know. 
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2019 at 11:30am
Originally posted by m1a1fan m1a1fan wrote:

@Charles - Me too! Ive seen it before, but have no idea how it works.

I also have seen the reverse recoil plate marking imprinted on the stock, matter of fact I have it on my Q-RMC stock.
Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2019 at 11:40am
When the wood was machined the wood fibers had some compression. With the recoil plate installer there would be further compression. The wood fibers will move with humidity and cause the fibers to expand and contract and fill in the voids of the markings.
This is something that took many years of the recoil plate not being disturbed.
Another interesting picture would be the mating surfaces of the recoil plate and the receiver. If they were together for a very long time there can be a mirror image of wear patterns.
HARLEY08 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HARLEY08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2020 at 6:12pm
Love your QHMC.
I have 2 ! is marked UNQUALITY.
How do I sell that gun here?
If you know please email me.
I also need a stock for my QHMC.
Dave
fxstbharley2008@yahoo.com
M1DB
floydthecat View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floydthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2020 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by HARLEY08 HARLEY08 wrote:

How do I sell that gun here?

Go the the Forum Home page and scroll down to the For Sale section. Start a new topic and post the details and pictures.
Jamesicus View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

RIP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamesicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2020 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by jackp1028 jackp1028 wrote:

The hand guard marked TN made for National Postal Meter may be correct. Records show 5000 transferred to QHMC in March, 1944.

The magazine release marked SN, also for National Postal Meter is not listed in the record of components transferred to QHMC. Perhaps others may know more.
They could have been replaced by Ordnance/Field Maintenance personnel during in-service (especially combat) use.
kar6666 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kar6666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2020 at 1:24pm
Nice photo layout. Thank you.
hurrikane18 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hurrikane18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2020 at 12:03pm
Question regarding your sling swivel: I posted my almost original Quality Hardware carbine with an identical looking sling swivel and everyone said it looked like a commercial reproduction. Is it possible that Quality Hardware’s sling swivels just looked different? Because that makes two that I’ve seen like this on original (or mostly original) QHMC carbines. Nice looking carbine by the way.

Cheers,
Tyler

Smocki View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smocki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2020 at 4:34pm
 good evening hurrikane 18. I looked at your post on your QHMC rifle.  your suspender swivel is a reproduction.  With experience, we recognize it straight away.  because the stamping is not the same, paying attention we observe a rounding on the edge of the cutout for the ww2 versions.  reproductions have sharp edges almost cutting.  also the inner rectangle is smaller in the reproductions, which leaves more material between the angles of the rectangle and the outer rounding of the loop.  this piece is not easy to find in original, at least, here in Europe.  I also don't know if there are manufacturer-to-manufacturer loop variants.
hurrikane18 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hurrikane18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2020 at 4:38pm
Okay thanks, I can sort of see what you’re referring to. I have no doubt you guys know what you’re talking about and trust the information. I’ve just been noticing the really rounded sling swivels lately and noticed that yours is more flat. Curious where the difference came from. Cheers!
bzh362 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bzh362 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2020 at 4:28pm
Tres belle arme! Je vous en felicites! Je suis jaloux que tu ai pu obtenir les accessoires aussi. Je viens just d'aquerir ma premier carabine de collection qui est QHMC aussi. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123