The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Safety/ Accuracy/Shooting/Ammunition/Care and Maintenance
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mag Catch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BER911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mag Catch
    Posted: Apr 22 2019 at 8:24am
Shooting season is here. Smile  I have already taken my 1911A1 45 Automatic out to the range and put 150 rounds into the targets.  I guess I am getting old, but the trusty old 45 is beginning to "beat my butt" after about 100 rounds.  Despite the beating, I still love to shoot "old reliable".

Taking the carbines to the range this week.  I installed the Type IV mag catch that my buddy picked up for me at a LGS about a month ago.  I installed it on my Rock-Ola and plan to try out the 30-round magazines I purchased last year.

Installation was fairly simple, just removed the Mag Catch/Safety Plunger & Spring and slide the original mag catch out of the trigger housing.  I did not disassemble the entire trigger housing group. Installation of the Type IV mag catch was easy; just needed to ensure the Safety Plunger & Spring engaged the rotary safety properly.  Once completed, I performed the function check of the Trigger Group as detailed in a video on this forum.

A couple of pics of the Type IV mag catch and it's engagement with the 30-round magazine.

Semper Fi, Bruce
 Post Reply Post Reply