The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interesting pic of a seized FARC carbine...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMTmonoMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interesting pic of a seized FARC carbine...
    Posted: Dec 01 2018 at 6:56pm
This picture was screen captured from the show on Netflix called Narcos, it's one of the many actual news pictures, or footage that is mixed in with the dramatic scenes of the show as it's based off of real events.

Anyway, there isn't any real info given on the picture's background outside of the fact that it's a real picture of a Colombian army seizure of a FARC weapon cache featuring what is clearly a M1 carbine of some variety. The rear sight looks off, or perhaps for whatever reason the rear sight's sides were trimmed down.   

I wouldn't be shocked if the FARC had numerous M1 carbines, and if anybody has any info or other pics in regards to their usage of them, please add your info to the thread.

m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2018 at 7:42pm
I’ve been watching both. Also noticed M1 Carbines in Narcos Mexico.
microwaveguy View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote microwaveguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2018 at 8:25pm
I just can't seem to get a clear picture of the rear sight on that carbine , but if I had to take a stab I think it looks like a Leman sight. 
Limit politicians to two terms. One in office and one in jail.
LMTmonoMan View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMTmonoMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2018 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by microwaveguy microwaveguy wrote:

I just can't seem to get a clear picture of the rear sight on that carbine , but if I had to take a stab I think it looks like a Leman sight. 

Welcome to the site, and thanks for the reply. I'm googling those sights now, seems like you could be on to something.
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2018 at 12:10am
LMTmonoMan View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMTmonoMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2018 at 1:31pm
Thanks as always Dan for the contribution...Awesome pic!

Their is a Documentary called Narco Cultura that shows a group of armed vigilantes protecting their community from the narcos...and that pic reminds me of those folks.

It's not hard to see how the FARC could have ended up a some carbines given the amount we prob. gave to folks in that region. I'd love to know how can carbines the CIA gave out
 Post Reply Post Reply