Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Inland XC11 and T3 at Show of Shows

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Status Quo Challenger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote David Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inland XC11 and T3 at Show of Shows
    Posted: Mar 05 2017 at 11:59am
I attended the Ohio Valley Military Society Show of Shows n Louisville last weekend with a couple of friends, both of whom are members of this forum. I thought I'd share some photos that one of those friends took of two Carbines that may be of interest here.

The first is a receiver only, Inland serial number XC11. My friend has corresponded with JB Powers about it, and it is being noted in Carbine Club records. Existing records indicate that XC11 was given to J. P. Hopkins on 8-17-44. Since the XC11 observed at SOS was a receiver only, and it has repairs made to it, speculation exists that it may have been a rejected receiver that went home with someone at Inland. The receiver has evidence of repair around the recoil spring hole, as can be seen in the photos.

The other Carbine of interest was an uncut T3, Inland serial number 0488, reportedly examined previously by Larry Ruth, who indicated it was among very few uncut T3's.

Here is a sheet with information about other Carbines from the collection.

Any comments are welcomed.

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com
NRA Life Member
Past Pres., The American Thompson Association
Amer. Society of Arms Collectors
OGCA/TCA/Carbine Club/GCA/IAA
SAR Writer
Author - The Many Firearm Designs of Eugene Reising
Eagle Scout
welbytwo View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Advanced Collector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote welbytwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2017 at 6:11pm
good pics--I never handled the T3 at the show but from distance thought maybe refinished--your pics show it as good as they get--my eyes suck anymore
Why Carbines? View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Carbines? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2017 at 8:51pm
Yeah, the XC11 receiver was at the Gun Show Day show in Louisville that just ended. I didn't ask the guy to take it out of the case, but thought it was interesting. I never saw the T3 though. I've seen maybe three or four Inland X series receivers or complete carbines since I first stated driving to Louisville about 3 years ago now.
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2017 at 12:43am
What were they asking for on the T3?
David Albert View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Status Quo Challenger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2017 at 3:48am
I believe it was $6K.

David
NRA Life Member
Past Pres., The American Thompson Association
Amer. Society of Arms Collectors
OGCA/TCA/Carbine Club/GCA/IAA
SAR Writer
Author - The Many Firearm Designs of Eugene Reising
Eagle Scout
NewScotlander View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Advanced Collector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewScotlander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2017 at 7:37am
There was also the Underwood T code receiver to Winchester at SOS for $3800. Nice carbine.

m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2017 at 8:25am
All of them are nice but that uw winch is sweet. Did anybody get a good look at the others on the list in dave's pics?
 Post Reply Post Reply