Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

inland m1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJONES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: inland m1
    Posted: May 23 2017 at 1:31pm
need help with inland m1 carbine i purchased,ser#495351.
DJONES
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2017 at 2:22pm
I see this is your first post so welcome to the forum.  Lots of knowledgeable folks here to help you out. Your serial number puts it in Inland's first block.  Looks like it should have a barrel in the May-Aug 1943 time frame.   What help are you needing? If you haven't already, I suggest you read up on posting pictures.  You know what they say about a picture being worth a thousand words. (Even more in my case.)

DJONES View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJONES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2017 at 3:40pm
my m1 has some odd features don't know if they are add ons(modified or sportarised)front site looks like a modern site.barrel and receiver are polished serial number behind rear site but nothing on front of receiver.i have pics from phone on comp.but not sure how to get them on here.
DJONES
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2017 at 5:05pm
Pictures will do more good than anything.  I figured it out in a couple tries so anyone can do it.  First is to make sure the picture file isn't too big.  Use Paint to do this.  It is described in the second link above.  Basically open the picture with Paint and under the Home tab hit Resize.  Then click Pixels and change the Horizontal to 720.  Make sure the Maintain Aspect Ration is checked.  When you do that, save the picture where you can find it later for upload.   To upload look at the first link I sent.  Basically go to your Member Control Panel, go to the last tab-File Manager and click on New Upload.   Then click Choose File and go find the pic you saved.  Click on it and hit Upload image.  You'll get a note it's done and then it will be ready to add to your post.  To add it you have to use the Full Reply Editor which is the two white boxes with an arrow at the top of the Reply screen.  Once there click insert image and pic it from your uploads.  I think that will do it.  Sounds like a lot but like I said if I can do it then you'll be in good shape.  Once you master that then you can play with Paint to crop pictures for specific areas you want to post.  For now just go with the basics.

Good luck!
cali201 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cali201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2017 at 5:58pm
or you can load pics on a host site like IMGUR http://imgur.com/ then post the picture links here or a link to an entire album if you upload all the pics at once. When you do that with IMBUR it creates an album and then you can just post the link to that.
DJONES View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJONES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 9:38am
here are some pics.

DJONES
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 9:52am
Success! Definitely not a carbine front sight.  Can you enlarge the first pic?   
DJONES View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJONES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 10:08am
can't get it to accept larger image.
DJONES
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 10:19am
Well dang.  How big is the file?
DJONES View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJONES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 11:26am
DJONES
DJONES View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJONES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 11:27am
how about this pic?
DJONES
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 12:13pm
Yeah!  That's much better.  Looks like you've got the hang of it.  Most likely some others will want closeups of other parts but this is a great start.  Any chance you can enlarge your second pic of the receiver? In one pic it looks like a patina or color on the trigger guard.  Is it?  Also it looks like it might be a "guppy" M2 stock or it might just be the shadows.  Are there any markings in the sling well or anywhere else on the stock?The hand guard looks high for an original.  Any marks on it?   Also what markings are on the barrel, trigger housing, hammer, slide, safety, mag catch, and bolt?  Those should be easy to get to without additional disassembly.  You're on a roll now...

DJONES View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJONES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 12:52pm
it has a springfield stock.trigger housing is inland,gen motors on barrel at front site.inland above ser num.i will try to enlarge other pics.the coloring has me puzzled.

DJONES
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 1:06pm
What color is it? 
DJONES View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJONES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 1:45pm

DJONES
DJONES View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJONES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 2:07pm
hope these pic will help.
DJONES
Charles View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 3:57pm
The color I see on the metal appears to be a tinted lacquer and the same as the color  on the stock. Have you removed the metal from the stock to see if the color extends under that which is covered by the stock? This reminds me of  the weapons I saw many years ago when it was fashionable to sportarize them.
Charles
Co B 1st Batl.115 Inf. Reg.
29th. Divi.
4.2 Heavy Mortar Co Retired
Life member NRA

cali201 View Drop Down
Grunt
Grunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cali201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 4:08pm
too bad they put that front sight on it, killed allot of value, The color or hue is also indicative of when bluing is applied over parkerization, it turns a purplish color, like you see on some of the Bavarian carbines.

DJONES View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJONES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 5:28pm
ti remove everything that i could.the color is uniform.I had a gunsmith look at it,he said front site was factory done.He said he thought it could have been a presentation piece.It just looks to clean to have been a service piece.
DJONES
Miata Mike View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miata Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 5:59pm
What is the writing right behind the front sight? Any other stamping on the barrel or receiver?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>