Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Carbines of the Collectors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Inland 3446 As Issued Correct

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HammerGrunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inland 3446 As Issued Correct
    Posted: Sep 25 2021 at 10:43pm
I was looking for a very early Inland so I could see what my 270's early Inland production as issued parts and stock were supposed to look like and I was very fortunate to find this amazing all correct 3446 that was produced in early August 1942 and has a 6-42 Barrel, O LA, Flaming Bomb, Crossed Cannons all in stockwell, O and Flaming Bomb marked handguard. II Marked Oiler and correct early Sling. This early Inland was most likely was issued out to the 1st Infantry Division. 

The owner is a Long Time Carbine collector and he had not ever reported this Carbine on the CCC so this should be the "first look" for Forum members :-)  

Its a Veteran bring back and its metal and wood are just outstanding and I doubt I could have found a better example of an ALL correct / As Issued Inland anywhere else.  

HammerGrunt View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HammerGrunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2021 at 10:45pm

On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HammerGrunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2021 at 10:48pm

On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HammerGrunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2021 at 10:53pm

On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HammerGrunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2021 at 10:55pm

On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HammerGrunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2021 at 10:56pm
Does it look like they tried to put a 0 in front of the 3446?

On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HammerGrunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2021 at 10:58pm
Here are some period correct extras I got from the Collector to go with this early Inland :-)

On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HammerGrunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2021 at 11:01pm

On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HammerGrunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2021 at 11:15pm
The Stock and metal condition are so amazing that I would assume it was either issued to s Senior Officer of a non Front Line Soldier because it doesn't show hardly any "Combat" wear & tear :-)
usmcdoc67 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcdoc67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2021 at 9:17am
Again, NICE piece.  
Glenn
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HammerGrunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2021 at 9:24am
What this was supposed to say was - it was either issue to a senior officer, or a non-front line Troop because it doesn’t appear to have seen much combat wear and tear :-)
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2021 at 11:42am
Originally posted by HammerGrunt HammerGrunt wrote:

Does it look like they tried to put a 0 in front of the 3446?

it is a roll die error.

There are few posted.
Some have what looks like the last number partially marked in front.
There is an Inland mark that starts on the side of the receiver.

On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HammerGrunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2021 at 11:06pm
One again M1 Carbine master and fellow Tampa area Floridian Ken Otero assisted me in taking 3446 apart and verifying that this amazing early and correct Inland has all of its original super early Inland Type 1 parts, and is still in its as issued early Inland stock and handguard.  

Ken agreed that this very early Inland is one of the nicest metal & wood combined original Inlands we've seen. Some Troop took really good care of this amazing early Inland.

Here's some pics of the parts Ken helped me get it broken down to see.

Edited by HammerGrunt - Sep 29 2021 at 11:23pm
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HammerGrunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2021 at 11:07pm
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HammerGrunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2021 at 11:09pm
Unmarked Type 1 Firing Pin, Extractor, and Ejector

Edited by HammerGrunt - Sep 29 2021 at 11:25pm
Pro Libertate View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pro Libertate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2021 at 2:23am
That's one gorgeous carbine!

How kind of Ken to offer his assistance; he's one heck of a nice guy! I haven't had the pleasure of meeting him yet, but it's on my bucket list. We've talked on the phone a couple of times, and his passion for these rifles is infectious.
Eric
NRA Life Member
NRA-Certified RSO
Project Appleseed “Rifleman”

When asked by the wife, "Just how many guns do you need?" the answer is always, "Just one more, honey... just one more!"
M274A4 View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M274A4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2021 at 7:57pm
what an awesome find!   In great condition, I’d be tickled pink to find one like this.   Thanks for sharing and all the detailed pics, too. 
grburrell View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grburrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2021 at 2:29pm
Man, i'm super jealous of this one!
Donnie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2021 at 9:33pm
It's so nice, I think I'm going to cry.Approve
Pro Libertate View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pro Libertate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2021 at 10:13am
Originally posted by grburrell grburrell wrote:

Man, i'm super jealous of this one!

Join the club!

I'm looking at an Inland M1 with a serial in the 79XXX range, with a modified I-cut stock. What kind of premium should one expect to pay for an early, 5-digit carbine?
Eric
NRA Life Member
NRA-Certified RSO
Project Appleseed “Rifleman”

When asked by the wife, "Just how many guns do you need?" the answer is always, "Just one more, honey... just one more!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>