Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help the Carbine Collectors Club

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Club Secretary Emeritus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lupus Dei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help the Carbine Collectors Club
    Posted: Mar 04 2016 at 9:32pm
looking for submissions for articles, spotters reports, nominations for featured carbines.

Also have a few projects in the works that I ask for help
I would like to start a thread of CCNL corrections so we can post a master list
I would suggest the format to list the newsletter it is in and what newsletter it corrects
Example CCNL 369-11 correction to CCNL 368 COM. then maybe someone proficient in EXCEL could input them so it could be sorted in order.

I would also like to go over the last few years of newsletters and find requests for information and have it posted in research section. this way we can make the newer members aware of the info we are looking for.

Remember, we are a club with a publication, not just a publication. It cannot be done without your help. Points will be awarded.
New2brass View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Dan Pinto, Photo Editor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New2brass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2017 at 11:39pm
242-4 has corrections to 240  millionth overton stock, remover SP. COM is a repeat. Correction to 241 COM, change data sheet 

299-4 has a correction to 291-2
330-328

91 has BR hammers, in ?? We published this to be inaccurate
David Albert View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Status Quo Challenger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2017 at 11:37am
If you still need Excel help, just let me know. I realize this was posted almost a year and a half ago, but I'm checking in, just in case.

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com
NRA Life Member
Past Pres., The American Thompson Association
Amer. Society of Arms Collectors
OGCA/TCA/Carbine Club/GCA/IAA
SAR Writer
Author - The Many Firearm Designs of Eugene Reising
Eagle Scout
SWANEEDMB View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANEEDMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2018 at 2:31pm
Well we took the plunge, Newsletters are on the way, looking forward to get them, in the past couple years we sorta got hooked on the carbines, after buying most recommended books and printed many pages from the net thought it was time for the newsletters. We just happen to have a 3 hole paper puncher, have a few binders we salvaged from local garage sales, will need more I'm sure. Also have an old 'Bates' numbering tool, it does the numbers consecutive.
Have now 8 carbines, not one is an Inland but have my eyes on one coming up in a local 'gun' auction. Still have not broken down completely any to review parts, hope to be able to share with the group on what we have, maybe a good one 'rare' in the bunch. Ha, wish full thinking.
Have also been lucky to pick up a few odds & ends, one is an 'I' cut stock but had been cut from a high wood to low, think that was a military done.
Thanks to a great forum.
Cheers, Woof woof Gus an me (Dave)

johnireland View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote johnireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2020 at 4:35pm
I'm still so new to the M1 Carbine that I'm trying to absorb all the information you have here. At this point in time I can only say how much I appreciate all the work and all the information you have made available. Once we are done with the COVID plague perhaps we can get some gatherings going. I'm in Los Angeles, might be nice to meet other Carbine owners out at Angeles range or one of the others. A day of shooting, comparing...what have you.
Ricci1165 View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricci1165 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2020 at 12:51pm
I'll dig through my late 90's early 2000's monthly newsletters and report back here what I have available to share...may take a while. Outstanding intel on carbine research...
 Post Reply Post Reply