The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello from Switzerland

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhineriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from Switzerland
    Posted: Jan 31 2016 at 8:38am
Hy. I'm new here on this forum. I live in Switzerland, Europe. I am collecting wwII guns since many years. The M1 carbine is my favourite. I am also member of m1carbineforum and I am glad to join this forum today.
weimar_police View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weimar_police Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2016 at 8:57am
welcome to the forum!

what kind of carbines do you see there?

permits to pick up or are they exempt?

Edward Tinker
Co-Author of Police Lugers 2012
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I / Vol II and Vol III
Co-Author of the book Simson Lugers
hunterman View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2016 at 9:13am
Glad to see you here, rhineriver!
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2016 at 9:58pm
Welcome!

Would be so cool to scan the couttryside for carbines in Europe. Imagine stumbling on a Bavarian locked away in a closet for 70 years. Saw a fantastic M1A1 in an auction once, but it was overseas.
rhineriver View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhineriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2016 at 2:20am
Thanks for your warm welcome. You need a permit to buy an M1 carbine in Switzerland. Due to our regulations semi automatic rifles are not an exempt. During the nineties apeared a lot of bavarian carbines on the swiss marked. My first one was also a bavarian, an NPM from the Esslingen Police. They are often fittet with the original parts like type I or II barrel bands, push safeties, and type I or II stocks. They are often in good condition, because they saw no action and were stored in a police rack for decades.
m1a1fan View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps
Got Para?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1a1fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2016 at 9:04pm
Have developed an appreciation for Bavarian's recently. From reading about them, there are a lot of variations as of yet documented.
crashtestnewbie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crashtestnewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2016 at 1:48am
welcome to the club!
Make everyday a good day
 Post Reply Post Reply