The Carbine Collectors Club

Click on the image above to learn more about the M1 Carbine

Forum Home Forum Home > The Club > Registration Help /Rules/ Tutorials/New Member Introductions > New Member Introductions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello from North Idaho.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joetro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from North Idaho.
    Posted: Mar 23 2020 at 2:35pm
Just found this forum while looking for info on cracked receivers. Looks like a great bunch.Smile
W5USMC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W5USMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2020 at 2:44pm
Welcome to the forum, if you have not already read it, below is one of the old threads that discuss cracked receivers.

Wayne
USMC Retired
NRA Life Member
sling00 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sling00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2020 at 2:49pm
Welcome to the forum.  It is a great bunch of folks with lots of knowledge and a willingness to help out.   FYI, I don't know if this is along the lines of what you're looking for but here's a 2017 post re: weld repair on a receiver.  
jackp1028 View Drop Down
Hard Corps
Hard Corps

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackp1028 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2020 at 2:50pm
Hi and welcome to the forum from New Mexico!

Hope you don't have a cracked receiver.
JackP
Donnie View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2020 at 3:53pm
Welcome to the forum. Stay in touch and post away. Pics of firearms are welcome, too.
Joetro View Drop Down
Recruit
Recruit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joetro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2020 at 9:33am
Thanks!
I should probably introduce myself.
My name is Joel and I live in North Idaho, where it happens to be snowing, at the moment. I am a truck driver-turned IT professional. I have been collecting military surplus firearms since you could get a Mosin Nagant for $50. I had a C&R FFL, but let it lapse some years ago. I figure I'll reapply some day. I am interested in just about anything related to firearms. Except Hi Points.
shadycon View Drop Down
On Point
On Point

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadycon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2020 at 4:35pm
Welcome from the Blue Ridge, you can't do better than this site for carbine info!Thumbs Up moon shine a little more private!!Beer
M1's are FUN!!!
TSMG's are more FUN!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply